Home

Fight Night Champion Title Update Details, Will Be Released With DLC

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Title Update Details, Will Be Released With DLC within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 39
Fight Night Champion Title Update Details, Will Be Released With DLC

Some of the Fight Night Champion title update details have been released. More will be revealed in a Live Chat on Friday.

Quote:
Punch Accuracy Reduction: Overall accuracy will be reduced and accuracy tracking a moving target will be reduced. Users will notice lower connect percentages and a better ability to use head movement defensively.

Hit Reactions Intensity Increased: Bigger hit reactions across the board and increased punch offsetting – i.e. punches thrown off target when a boxer is hit in the act of punching.

Combination Punching Adjustments: Bigger difference in combination speed between boxers with low and high Combination Skill rating.

Improved Weave Input Detection: Reduced the instance of weaves happening unintentionally.

Health Loss Adjustment: Regular punches do more damage and combination punching is more effective.

Stamina Recovery Adjustment: Less stamina recovered between rounds.

Perfect Block Counter Window Disabled: Pending simultaneous release of Tuner Set.

Opponent Counter Freeze: Fixed a bug where the a Perfect Block would sometimes freeze the opponent’s inputs.

Late Guard: Fixed a bug where the guard went back up late if you threw more than one punch out of the block.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: **OFFICIAL TUNER SET UPDATE THREAD** EA FNC Forum

http://www.ea.com/fight-night/blog/dlc

adjustments that will be made:

Punch Accuracy Reduction: Overall accuracy will be reduced and accuracy tracking a moving target will be reduced. Users will notice lower connect percentages and a better ability to use head movement defensively.

Hit Reactions Intensity Increased: Bigger hit reactions across the board and increased punch offsetting – i.e. punches thrown off target when a boxer is hit in the act of punching.

Combination Punching Adjustments: Bigger difference in combination speed between boxers with low and high Combination Skill rating.

Improved Weave Input Detection: Reduced the instance of weaves happening unintentionally.

Health Loss Adjustment: Regular punches do more damage and combination punching is more effective.

Perfect Block Counter Window Disabled: Pending simultaneous release of Tuner Set.

Opponent Counter Freeze: Fixed a bug where the a Perfect Block would sometimes freeze the opponent’s inputs.

Late Guard: Fixed a bug where the guard went back up late if you threw more than one punch out of the block.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

If they deliver this tuner set as promised, I might just keep the game around after all. I really wanted to enjoy it but the lack of punch offsetting was nothing short of infuriating. I think that's a not so often discussed yet huge reason the connect percentages are too high. You lose the ability to defend when you throw a punch. Once you've thrown your punch, your opponent can start his punch, yours hits first, but doesn't have any effect on your opponents coming back at you. You see his coming, hit the block button, but have to wait for your animation to end. The end result being you both land. This happens dozens of times per round. I won't even get started on the perfect block BS.

So if they actually do what they're saying they will do, I have no reason to doubt that this will change the game completely and make it the best boxing game of all time, because the foundation is absolutely there. These additions (and subtractions) stand to make a lot of people, even the harshest of critics like myself, very, very happy with the game.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown

I will come back to this game once this title update is released, I need to take time to get rid of the bad taste the prepatch version has left.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:05 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown

Are they for real about the bolded this time?

Prior to the games release we were told repeatedly stun blocking wasn't in the game.

So why should we believe them now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

So what about things like

Quote:
-freezes

-After Downloading/Creating 74 CABs, your CABs start to disappear and sometime Roster File Corruption causing you to lose all your Cabs

-Imported Legacy CABs having their faces altered
-Online Gym Tournament Lock Ups
-Adding Online Gym Sliders that you said were in the game with less then a month to go before release

- CAB cuts and Swelling being locked at 99s
-Bright CAB Faces
^^These issues need to be addressed too

As far as gameplay is concerned, that sounds like a good start

With Perfect Blocking Gone....I don't think Id be opposed to turning up the bock strength/detection

It should be hard to land punches, but when you do they should be felt

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 03-16-2011, 11:04 PM   #7
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

That tuner will be awesome if they get it to work right. then for the patch I hope they fix face discoloration, maybe getting sliders to work for both systems.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:26 PM   #8

OVR: 34
Very nice. I look forward to this, especially punch accuracy. Removing perfect block is going to open things up to where you can't just stand there and block/punch out of the block.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »