Home

25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #4: 4-2-5 Over Thunder Zero Cop

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #4: 4-2-5 Over Thunder Zero Cop within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #4: 4-2-5 Over Thunder Zero Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivor
I think that they will announce at the end of the 25 days that custom playbooks are in. It just sounds like a cute little promotion the EA would do.
That would be around April 15, Which would be a good a good date to release something like Custom Playbook.
March and April- Info on Graphics/Art and Audio, New Plays, Small/Medium Features
May and June is usually info on gameplay additions, gameplay vids, RTG and online/offline Dynasty.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #10
Rookie

lilrosati56's Arena

OVR: 3
I know this probably isn't the best forum for this but I have to ask.....Does anybody else agree that the 3-4 has yet to be correctly portrayed in a video game? And I'm not bashing EA, I LOVE NCAA 11, still playing it, I passed up on MLB2K11 to keep my dynasty going....I just wish I could use the 3-4......I think the devs have a hard time getting the nose tackle interaction right.......I think if they could get that right it would add one more little wrinkle to recruiting too......we all know a 3-4 d-lineman and a 4-3 d lineman are completely different animals...think of Casey Hampton vs. Warren Sapp.....
Old 03-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #11
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #4: 4-2-5 Over Thunder Zero Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrosati56
I know this probably isn't the best forum for this but I have to ask.....Does anybody else agree that the 3-4 has yet to be correctly portrayed in a video game? And I'm not bashing EA, I LOVE NCAA 11, still playing it, I passed up on MLB2K11 to keep my dynasty going....I just wish I could use the 3-4......I think the devs have a hard time getting the nose tackle interaction right.......I think if they could get that right it would add one more little wrinkle to recruiting too......we all know a 3-4 d-lineman and a 4-3 d lineman are completely different animals...think of Casey Hampton vs. Warren Sapp.....
I think you are right. But I think the real issue is this; defensive schemes are as specific and individual as the offensive playbooks. Is this portrayed? No. There are so many different types of 3-4 schemes, it's really dependent on what you are trying to do. Therefore, without individual playbooks, it's tough to implement something "correctly" because that would be a relative term.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #12
Banned

MachoFantastic's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfalla
I think "MAT" would be a bit better than "COP". I know on the teams i've played on they use terms that would be obvious. MAT would be Man On Tight End. COP really doesn't mean anything. Ehhh I'm just going crazy.
"Cop" is the tag used by TCU, so you should take that up with them.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #13
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivor
As long as the play names sound cool, right? haha
Alvin Mack from the Program:

Razor Bentclaw Stinger

Eagle Zipper Hero

Okie Thunder Lion
Old 03-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #14
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

More cool play names

Donkey Punch Alpha Niner

Secondly, this looks like a legit play. Of the 4 that they have shown this one is my favorite. The way that DEs actually play these days, I am surprised this was not added far sooner

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 03-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoFantastic
"Cop" is the tag used by TCU, so you should take that up with them.
It's sad it took so long for somebody to point this out. I've coached the 425 defense and love using it in NCAA but my question is Are they fixing the man to man alignment issues with the 425 and 335 defenses this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #16
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight9299
It's sad it took so long for somebody to point this out. I've coached the 425 defense and love using it in NCAA but my question is Are they fixing the man to man alignment issues with the 425 and 335 defenses this year?
Yeah between zones not working and the man align problems it made the 4-2-5 and the 3-3-5 unplayable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »