Home

25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #5: Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #5: Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #5: Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep

Over the next 5 weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in NCAA Football 12.

New offensive plays will be shown every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, while a new defensive play every Tuesday and Thursday. Each new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to NCAA Football 12.

Play #5 features the Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep.

Quote:
"Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep – Oregon State’s Weak I Normal Fly Sweep has the TE aligned on the line of scrimmage to the split end side of the formation. This creates an unbalanced set to the left with extra blockers for the fly sweep. "
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3

Last edited by illwill10; 03-18-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #5 Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep

This play looks nice. Hopefully, there are other options from this formation. I'm sure there will be though, right?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 03-18-2011, 11:23 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #5: Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep

I'm all for new plays, but EA needs to concentrate on getting the AI dual threat QBs to be dual threat QB's. They should make sure read option and other QB running plays are viable options and work for the AI before they add anything new to the game.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #4
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
This play looks like it has fail all over it. I can't see that tackle pulling fast enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 03-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #5
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I'm all for new plays, but EA needs to concentrate on getting the AI dual threat QBs to be dual threat QB's. They should make sure read option and other QB running plays are viable options and work for the AI before they add anything new to the game.
Totally agree with this..QB needs to be more aggressive running the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #5: Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
This play looks like it has fail all over it. I can't see that tackle pulling fast enough.
Actually it's the TE but I agree he will never get there to set a good block.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Not a tackle. Tight end
Old 03-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #8
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

A tight end might make it. I think the user is going to have to force the runner to get more depth in order to make a good cut upfield. When I run the jet sweep (rarely) I run it the same way that I teach Wing T running backs. HASH NUMBERS SIDELINE.

The problem with the pulling tight end is that he may get "picked off", especially if the monster DTs make a return to this years edition.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »