Home

25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #5: Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #5: Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #9
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #5: Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep

You gotta let the play develop.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #10
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #5: Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep

good play, crappy formation, unless he is shifting (need some clarification EA). this should be run out of the slot so that the TE is already playside. the mesh point on a jet sweep happens as soon as the ball is snapped, so the TE will never get there, unless EA has messed the timing up, which knowing them they probly have. one more thing- even with the shift, the playside G or T should be pulling and the TE should be playside and blocking down on the end.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
You gotta let the play develop.

You mean like the read option from last year? That play was utterly busted unless you had the sliders arranged so it could work and then every other play in the play book was money.

The AI needs a serious upgrade before it will be able to execute this play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #12
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah I can see what MAYBE it is going to happen. The demo going to come out, people going to say oh the offense is too over powered, too easy to score, then they going to come out with a release day patch again making all defensive linemen and linebackers have 4.2 speed busting up plays in the backfield as soon as the ball is hand off again, LIKE THEY DID LAST YEAR.

Hopefully I am wrong and this isn't the case again. New plays are fine and dandy but they don't mean a damn thing if the CPU can't run it correctly.

Last year playing against spread teams were a joke. Playing against any team that ran any kind of jet sweep or reverse was an automatic 6 yard loss.

So I really do hope they got their real assignment AI blocking working correctly this year. Last year their release day patch busted it into thousand pieces. It was so bad that I had to delete all the patches in order to make the game work correctly.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #13
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Nice.

THIS is the kind of stuff that is severely lacking in a lot of playbooks..namely teams like Oregon and Auburn who use so much misdirection and motion in their offense.

Many of Auburn's "bread and butter" plays from the past 2 years are still missing in the game because EA seemed to ditch reverses, end arounds, etc. for the most part.

With Auburn and Oregon getting a lot of "TV Time" this year on their runs to the MNC game, maybe EA got a chance to add a lot of the misdirection and reverse type plays to the game.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #14
Rookie

AUsouthpaw2013's Arena

OVR: 0

Unless they make it so that defenders are actually fooled by fakes this play has fail written all over it. I honestly can not remember the last time a defender bit on a pump fake, play action, fake reverse or what have you. Defenders always know where the ball is at all times. Please fix this.

-Shug Jordan
Old 03-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #15
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I can get decent yards on Reverses and Jet Sweeps with my WR in my Miss. St OD

15 carries for 162 yards and 2 TD's. Not to shabby

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
Actually it's the TE but I agree he will never get there to set a good block.
From the first post:

"Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep – Oregon State’s Weak I Normal Fly Sweep has the TE aligned on the line of scrimmage to the split end side of the formation. This creates an unbalanced set to the left with extra blockers for the fly sweep. "

So unless EA is clueless about a formation they put in the game, then it's a tackle. If the backside tackle can pull and get out in front of a fly sweep, then it's no fly sweep, it's an end around. Which is fine. Oregon state might just call end arounds fly sweeps to sound cutting edge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »