Home

25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #6: Shotgun Twin TE Slot PA Slide

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #6: Shotgun Twin TE Slot PA Slide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2011, 02:55 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 19
If this is for '12, an con't issue will happen.

According to the playart, the linemen are immediately dropping back into Pass Pro instead of blocking down like a read play blocking scheme does.

Playaction is suppose to look like a run 1st, which means the blocking scheme should mimmick a run.

Again, I wish there was some communication with the community leading up to this point, as it seems like again, the little things that hurt the game may not be addressed again.

Madden did a decent job of this.
When Manning or QB with great playaction rating did playaction, it really looked like a run play.

Oh, well.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #10
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
the real issue is that EA is making an event out of "adding new plays"? As if this play was just invented?
Old 03-21-2011, 05:34 PM   #11
Pro

Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #6: Shotgun Twin TE Slot PA Slide

Go to 6:40.

I though I saw this play before and wouldn't you know it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #12
Pro

Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #6: Shotgun Twin TE Slot PA Slide

Also, Cover 2 is so screwed up with this play
Old 03-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #13
Pro

Will the Oline block with PA plays? will the running backs Attack the defender blitzing in? Nice play Please make them block correctly.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #14
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by statdude

Go to 6:40.

looking at that video just makes you notice so much the things EA is missing from getting the college experience. Hopefully they were improved on this year. Things like the crowd being louder, reacting to situations better, the marching bands (even though we have to add our own music but how about an update on that), the broadcast camera, the speed the player's legs move and how their bodies move when running. I recently started playing the current game again and i'm getting back into that college football mode where i cant wait for the season to start and i'm just hoping they didn't sit back and take it easy because of the praise they received for last year's effort and i hope they blow us away again this year.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by statdude

Look at how quickly he goes from making the fake to throwing the ball. There are two problems with running this type of play action in the current version of NCAA FB. First, there's a delay between faking and being able to throw it. Adding an extra second onto that play in the actual game would lead to disaster. The second problem is the auto-blitz on every PA play. I can call play action from any formation at any point in the game or place on the field and 90% of the time the defense knows it and I get blitzed by the computer. Combine the delay with a psychic blitz and it's not even worth calling the play to begin with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2011, 11:23 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanPDX
Look at how quickly he goes from making the fake to throwing the ball. There are two problems with running this type of play action in the current version of NCAA FB. First, there's a delay between faking and being able to throw it. Adding an extra second onto that play in the actual game would lead to disaster. The second problem is the auto-blitz on every PA play. I can call play action from any formation at any point in the game or place on the field and 90% of the time the defense knows it and I get blitzed by the computer. Combine the delay with a psychic blitz and it's not even worth calling the play to begin with.
Also, look at the way the line shifts over to the left with the PA, and he has either room to run or pass. Also, one more thing that game forgets is how to set up the play. USC got burned on that play because Oregon set up the run, and came back and owned them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »