Home

Fight Night Champion DLC Details, Arrives on March 29th (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion DLC Details, Arrives on March 29th (PS3, 360) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #9
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Fight Night Champion DLC Details, Arrives on March 29th (PS3, 360)

this game will definitely have the best roster of any boxing game ever made, not even close
Old 03-25-2011, 11:12 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

I've heard that the tuner will effect online modes only and won't be for offline use. Can anyone confirm or deny this? That would certainly be bad news for offline gamers.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:39 AM   #11
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

I don't think that's the case, because it means more coding and as many who want the PB counter window gone from offline as well I hope this isn't the case. I'd play on GOAT, but the PB counter jabs are ridiculous. Old George is as good as Ali at counter punching in GOAT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2011, 01:15 PM   #12
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6

price point on the DLC seems pretty fair this time around, really looking forward to it and the patch/tuner

Old 03-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
price point on the DLC seems pretty fair this time around, really looking forward to it and the patch/tuner
May I kindly ask what seems fair about it? The only reason these boxers weren't included in the original roster was so they could charge extra for them less than a month later and before they fix all of the problems with the game that also stem from greed. I don't understand why people praise EA for this and just allow them to continue to take more than our original $60 for items that should be in the original game. If they wanna charge $2 for Bare knuckle, whatever, that's fine, I won't buy it because I don't need it or want it. But do I want all of the boxers in the game? Of course I do, and I shouldn't have to pay extra for it. Hell, if I could trade Butterbean, Manfredo, Mora, and Mundine for these guys I would have no problem with it but I can't. I'm stuck with boxers I will never use and shouldn't even be in the game over these legends.

And the fact that they are making you pay to play with guys in their alter-weight classes is a complete joke, I don't care if it's ten cents or ten dollars to do that is just ridiculous when we should be able to edit EVERYTHING for the boxers, including the weight.

I guess this just means gaming is nearing the end of it's life with me, I'll be damned if I let these companies (moreso just EA) straight up steal my money. They clearly don't put 110% effort into their product yet they want you to throw money at them for nothing, it's pathetic.

/rant
Old 03-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 12

You're right. You look at these rosters that came with the game and it's anemic. Back in the days you had better rosters for sure. They want to charge people then that's their choice. My choice next time FN comes out will be to wait and see what the word is on the street. More than likely I'll be passing up on it.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #15
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6

im no shill for EA, and I don't like the fact that paid DLC is the way of the world either. My comment about the price point of the DLC being fair was in comparison to FNR4 where they absolutely beat people over the head charging 800 points for like 4 boxers when 1 of them James Toney already had an alternate version on the game. You arent forced to buy the DLC at all, there are plenty of great CABs for free on Boxer Share for all of the boxers announced for DLC.

As far as the roster is concerned, initially I was disappointed in the subtractions and lack of new additions but top to bottom its pretty much tied with FNR4 as the best roster of all-time. There arent any other boxing for consoles that even come close in quantity and quality of boxers despite what your nostalgia tells you.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2011, 12:32 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0

I'm shocked by the attention to detail. I wasn't planning on getting the DLC, but after taking a look, it will definitely be worth the price.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »