Home

25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #10: Pistol Train Triple Option

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #10: Pistol Train Triple Option within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #10: Pistol Train Triple Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinblack23
I think this play could be a solid option play. The way I would use would be with 2rb's especially against other users. If they come out in man defense and you have a fast qb and rb you should be able to beat the defense to the corner or if they come out in zone pound it up the middle with your offset back. I kind of the speed up the exchange between th qb and the fb on this triple option plays cause it seems to take too long.
Oregon would do good with this play. Barner, James and Thomas running the Triple option
Old 03-25-2011, 08:06 PM   #10
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #10: Pistol Train Triple Option

This play looks fantastic. I don't run the pistol often, but maybe I will for next year's game.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:40 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by statdude
Oregon would do good with this play. Barner, James and Thomas running the Triple option
That sounds deadly, aslong as the offensive line blocks these option plays correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2011, 02:52 AM   #12
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Will only matter if they speed up animations for all pistol plays. Handoff and read animations for the pistol are insanely slow for 11, gives the defense tons of time to break through. If the same problems exist in 12 then these plays wont even matter. As for now though, looks pretty good.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:48 AM   #13
Rookie

willz1985's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Will only matter if they speed up animations for all pistol plays. Handoff and read animations for the pistol are insanely slow for 11, gives the defense tons of time to break through. If the same problems exist in 12 then these plays wont even matter. As for now though, looks pretty good.
agreed.

If they sort it out this is a deadly play
Old 03-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #14
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
I can picture myself using this play alot.... My favorite of the ten plays released so far!
Old 03-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #15
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Yes, I also agree. The read option plays should have more than one defender making a "decision" on whether to attack the QB or the RB. Even though the QB only reads the DE, the other 10 defenders still have to flow toward the HB or stay home and watch the QB. So many read options get blown up in the game even when the QB reads the DE properly on the keeper but 2 LBs burst into the backfield for a loss anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #16
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
I hope you cant flip the ball when the ball carrier's arms are wrapped up and damn near on the ground.
This would eliminate the offense of many people lol

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »