Home

25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #2: Colts DBL Trail

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #2: Colts DBL Trail within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2011, 09:32 AM   #25
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #2: Colts DBL Trail

This is a sick rub play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2011, 10:55 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I would go with a cover 1 robber with a backer in the middle or dropping the safety down. You won't get the interception every time, but you could cause some hesitation and you'll have an extra defender around to help with the tackle in the event of a catch.

And likewise, I think WR's get into their routes rather slowly in Madden. They also do not know how to navigate traffic. But I suppose they need to go slow because the 4 man line basic rush is still pretty mediocre as of Madden 11.
This coverage isn't in the game, but is used as a bunch "check" by a lot of programs. Corner to the bunch plays the curl area, against this concept, that would leave him responsible for the dig. The sam/nickel/point defender is responsible for force/first flat, meaning he will end up bracketing the trail route from outside in. The mike is the hole/#3 defender, he will collision the under route, pass it off and then sit on the trail. The Will will look for the 1st crosser since the back steps strong. Everyone is covered up. I know of a couple teams that run this coverage against all formations, not just a bunch check, but there's a lot of pattern reading involved.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 9

This play looks awesome.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:28 PM   #28
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout863
all i got out of this is that this isnt a "NEW PLAY" they are just taking a play from madden and recycling it and calling it new. Typical EA

EA does have a tendency of doing that, but haters have tendency of whining about things that dont warrant whining. This is one of those cases.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:44 PM   #29
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Bronco Trail anyone? It's practically the same play with a different name, this play will be money.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:16 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTEWY
If that's Garcon or Calvin Johnson as the X receiver with no safety help over the top= Touchdown every time. Lets not even discuss the delayed route by the HB(Best)
Not if you have all the tools at your disposal. If you can play with a cushion it shouldn't automatically be a TD, especially if you have good CB's. Plus with cover 1 you will always have at least one Safety helping deep. Cheat him to the best WR side. You are not going to be able to perfectly cover everything. Just gotta roll the dice.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:19 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
that sounds nice and all but keep in mind you dont know when the offense is going to call the play.
As mcgee says it doesn't matter as the coverage I described I would use it for more than against just this. Unfortunately what I describe is not actually in the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 0
new plays dont matter when the game is broken and basic football fundamentals, momentum, physics, and height and weight areignored.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »