Home

25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #8: Pistol Spread RNS Switch Smash

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #8: Pistol Spread RNS Switch Smash within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #17
Rookie

willz1985's Arena

OVR: 3
this is a great play, i'll be using it often
Old 03-27-2011, 12:29 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #8: Pistol Spread RNS Switch Smash

Nebraska + Georgia - Special

Straight out of an older, but real Hawaii playbook.

Ask and you shall receive.

So EA, if its in the game, is it really in the game?

Last edited by killa2222; 03-28-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:56 AM   #19
Rookie

Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #8: Pistol Spread RNS Switch Smash

To be thread specific though- EA's current interpretation of the switch/smash concept is a little off --

Heres a basic idea of what it should look like - slightly modified.

A true Switch/Smash Balanced set w/ route options built in.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:34 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon12 Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #8: Pistol Spread RNS Switch Smash

This is a nice addition. I like the fact that I'll be able to run the RNS plays from the Pistol in both 2x2 and 3x1. I can already do it from the gun, too. Now all that's needed is being able to run all the RNS 2x2 plays from under center like I can the 3x1 plays like Choice, Go, and Slide. I could play just using those six formations (under center, pistol, and gun) the whole game. A few more of those plays like the ones killa2222 mentioned, like Nebraska and Georgia, would be nice too. I could use something like that in the red zone. I mostly use SG Bunch, SG Tight, and Flanker Close when I get down there.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:40 AM   #21
Rookie

The one play that I would love to have in is this : Z/X Choice Switch out of Trips

Basically the same play as your basic X/Z Choice Trips play, but with a switch combo play side w/ X + Y.

One thing that they really need to incorporate is the hot-reads / alert(blitz) route adjustments that all WR's make in the R&S.

Alert Route Adjustments:

For Choice, your inside slot basically makes a quick slant cut - 3yd slant

The single side WR makes a similar 3 yd slant cut.

On this play, the hot read for X would be a Switch-Slant.

The lack of Alert reads + proper route adjustments in NCAA 11 are what limited the R&S more than anything + a proper screen package + associated run game.

I am curious to see if EA was able to implement the Zone-run scheme Hawaii adopted the year out of the pistol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

NICE... Killa thx for the diagrams. I hadn't been able to find those plays until now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »