Home

NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2011, 11:41 PM   #977
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions

Just got in one on Bristol i start off in the pits and it wouldnt let me go for 4 laps so i start the race down 4 laps cross finish line and it says fastest lap .40 secs. My question is did these guys ever even start the game up and play it online. The
Old 03-28-2011, 11:42 PM   #978
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm sold. I'll be picking it up. The difficulty increase with the patch has tipped the scale.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:42 PM   #979
Rookie

scoman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mason3132
Cautions dont even come out on 5 car pile up man i hope the patch atleast fixes some of these issues.
You on the 360?
Old 03-28-2011, 11:43 PM   #980
Rookie

OVR: 2

2x Wear means that in a 50% race u have the exact same wear as u would in 100% race with normal wear. So this means that 3x Wear is what u want to run if u are doing a 25% race as that is half of the 50% obviously. The only time to use 4x wear is anything below 20%. This makes it so u have 1 stop on a 10% race or 2 stops on a 20%.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:46 PM   #981
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mason3132
Just got in one on Bristol i start off in the pits and it wouldnt let me go for 4 laps so i start the race down 4 laps cross finish line and it says fastest lap .40 secs. My question is did these guys ever even start the game up and play it online. The
sounds like you need the patch, my friend
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2011, 11:50 PM   #982
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u cant stop me
DAM this is really not good... this came from the offical game fourm...

Online Problems So Far
  1. When people pit online under the yellow you can't tell because their cars are still riding around under yellow on your screen.
  2. Damage online is even lamer than the damage offline
  3. Crashes online with other cars often result in my car coming to an abrupt stop for no reason.
  4. Online restarts are messed up, cars are often seperated my multiple car lenghts when the green flag waves.
  5. Online had No car collisons at watkins glen without any reasoning or notice
  6. Online registered 1st and 2nd place both as 2nd place in one race I was in.
  7. Online pit stops are really lame and take any pit strategy out of the race.
  8. Career Driver is the ONLY car you can race online. You have to restart your career to change your online car.
  9. When you create a private match you only have 60 seconds to invite your friends before the race starts automatically.(THIS IS REALLY BAD NEWS FOR LEAGUES)
  10. Race length options are not very good. 2% 5% 10% 50% 100%.(added for hitstickmaster2)
Obviously some of this will be tweaked or fixed with the patch, but the online pit stops are flat out horrible. You stop in your stall and the pit options pop up, as soon as you confirm what you want your car just drives away. No pit stop animation, it doesnt even make you wait there while a invisible crew works on your car. It just lets you drive away completing the pit stop INSTANTLY.
man iam only going to play the game online but if this is the case ill stick with iracing.
So is this post so far true? IF this is then the pit stops are seriously lacking, one of the main things I liked about this gm in the vid docs was how nice it was to finally have an animated pit crew back, not like iRacing and their timer.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:57 PM   #983
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lVlAtlZiX
So is this post so far true? IF this is then the pit stops are seriously lacking, one of the main things I liked about this gm in the vid docs was how nice it was to finally have an animated pit crew back, not like iRacing and their timer.

100% correct
Old 03-28-2011, 11:58 PM   #984
Rookie

I'm mainly buying the game because I want to play offline with the stout AI and lengthy career mode. I hope they have quickmatches without much in the way of pitstops.

I think they'll jump on the pit problems once they realize how significant they really are. Hopefully people cut them some slack as a new developer. It is a phenomenal RACING game. That's a great foundation for the detail work to come.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »