Home

25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #14: Cover 3 Bluff

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #14: Cover 3 Bluff within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #14: Cover 3 Bluff

Over the next few weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in NCAA Football 12.

New offensive plays will be shown every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, while a new defensive play every Tuesday and Thursday. Each new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to NCAA Football 12.

Play #14 features the Cover 3 Bluff.

Quote:
"Nickel 2-4-5 Cover 3 Bluff - The complimentary play to the Nickel 2-4-5 Slant Zone 2, the Nickel 2-4-5 Cover 3 Bluff uses the exact same pre-snap movement by the linebackers, defensive tackles, and nickel cornerback. This scheme falls in line with what’s known as an “illusion” defense. The defense gives the offense the appearance of an all out blitz with the exotic look, but in reality it’s a basic 3 deep, 4 under zone coverage."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #14: Cover 3 Bluff

I'm glad to see that "bluff" or "show" plays are being integrated into the game. As it is now, you can show blitz out of any defensive play, but I have always felt that the look should be part of the call, just like it is in real life, because, right now, showing blitz out of certain coverages can get your defenders WAAAAYYYY out of position.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10

Nickel 2-4-5 Cover 3 Bluff – The complimentary play to the Nickel 2-4-5 Slant Zone 2, the Nickel 2-4-5 Cover 3 Bluff uses the exact same pre-snap movement by the linebackers, defensive tackles, and nickel cornerback. This scheme falls in line with what’s known as an “illusion” defense. The defense gives the offense the appearance of an all out blitz with the exotic look, but in reality it’s a basic 3 deep, 4 under zone coverage.
Now I'm legitimately excited. Now tell us more about the tweaks made to gameplay and life will be good.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is my version of some of A&M nickel looks with formation subs this play can be BEASTLY!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:49 PM   #5
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27

" Bluff !!! "

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 11:44 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I really like the bluff idea, what I really wish they would do is give us the option of picking what look we come out in pre snap. I rarely blitz, but it would be nice to come out in a cover 3 look and run cover 2 etc
Old 04-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

now, all we need is for the zone coverage to be a**usted, then we are golden! as long as they don't take it too far the other way!!
Old 04-02-2011, 09:48 PM   #8
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I really like the bluff idea, what I really wish they would do is give us the option of picking what look we come out in pre snap. I rarely blitz, but it would be nice to come out in a cover 3 look and run cover 2 etc
Absolutely, we should have control over all pre snap movement and "looks." It would add so much variety to defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »