Home

Forza Motorsport 4 Video - Gameplay Preview

This is a discussion on Forza Motorsport 4 Video - Gameplay Preview within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2011, 01:49 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 12
Re: Forza Motorsport 4 Video - Gameplay Preview

IMO, the invisible steering wheel is dumb, I usually enjoy having a drink or snack on something going down the straightaways and with that idea you wouldn't be able to do anything but hold you hands at 10 and 2...

Gamer Tag Kingsly9

NHL 11, Madden 11, NASCAR The Game 2011
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2011, 02:48 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1
looks like a great game....great graphics and just plain out fun to play......wont be playing it because i have a ps3 and not an 360 but i still give the developers credit on making a great looking game. see us fanboys can be civilized human beings......i give credit where credit is due....and this is looks likes its going to be an awesome game.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:45 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 33
I'm still loving Forza 3. After seeing the video I'm really hyped for what's coming in this game. Hopefully the option to race any car on any track in Free Race mode will still exist.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:01 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsly9
IMO, the invisible steering wheel is dumb, I usually enjoy having a drink or snack on something going down the straightaways and with that idea you wouldn't be able to do anything but hold you hands at 10 and 2...
While I have NO and I mean absolutely NO intention of playing this game with an invisible steering wheel I can see the money in it for them. As far as "removing" your hands from the wheel maybe they have a thing that if you open you hand (fingers open) it detects that as you taking your hands off the wheel thereby negating any input from that hand till you bring back up as a fist. I wont know since I'll be wrapping my fingers around my Fanatec I don't even own Kinect so it's not an option for me.

I do like the head tracking however but I'm going to do with that as I did with the PS3's headtracking for GT5... WAIT. I was going to buy a camera but something told me to hold off. I'm SOOO glad I listened to that voice. I'm doing the same for this. If I hear positive things about it AND it can be used online then I'll probably invest.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:07 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
I'm still loving Forza 3. After seeing the video I'm really hyped for what's coming in this game. Hopefully the option to race any car on any track in Free Race mode will still exist.
I'm still loving Forza 3 as well. Play it everyday and still have fun. Cycled Circuit races never get old to me.

― Plato
Old 04-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #30
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

...I think I just had a accident on myself!
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 04-05-2011, 08:15 AM   #31
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I hope this game will be a huge improvement over Forza 3. That game bored me to tears. No real sense of speed, same races over and over, the cars slid all over the place, very twitchy steering. I'll wait for the reviews on 4 before getting excited.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I hope this game will be a huge improvement over Forza 3. That game bored me to tears. No real sense of speed, same races over and over, the cars slid all over the place, very twitchy steering. I'll wait for the reviews on 4 before getting excited.
Did we play the same game? The sense of speed is what it is frankly. Watch any "on-board" video on youtube of real racing and you'll get less sense of speed from those videos that you do from Forza 3 and that's REAL driving. Cars sliding all over the place? I don't know what you mean by that. GT5 has cars sliding all over the place but FM3 is not the case. If you're trying to take a 50 mph turn at 175 then you'll be sliding right off the track. I hate to be "that guy' but if this is your complaint in FM3 you really need to learn how to drive properly in the game. One of the "complaints" about FM3 , at least from some who want to hate on it, was that the cars didn't slide ENOUGH.

Same races over and over, questionable. Very twitchy steering? Well I don't know what to tell you. Are you using a controller or wheel? I use a wheel and don't get that. The racing cars respond immediately to input as to be expected. I'm not really expecting cars to drive like my pops old Delta 88.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »