Home

25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #10: PA Jags DBL Post

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #10: PA Jags DBL Post within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #9
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #10: PA Jags DBL Post

If someone doesnt bite on play action then you don't run it. If you run the ball and he assumes it's PA every time then you should have an easy 3-4 yards atleast. Just because you are being out-smarted by someone, doesn't mean it doesn't work.

I have plenty success using PA against human and CPU opponents.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
100% Wrong.
I played two seasons in a Patriots franchise with Brady under center, who I think has one of the highest PAC ratings in the game. I've tried to sneak in at least 2-3 PA plays in every game I've played and always went to Replay afterwards to analyze the play.

Not once, not one single time did I saw even a single defensive player who was blitzing/rushing on the play go for the HB after the fake, they ALWAYS go for the QB. So while PA does seem to affect the secondary, it definitely does not affect the rush/blitz, which is why you get sacked so often on PA plays.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuma
If someone doesnt bite on play action then you don't run it. If you run the ball and he assumes it's PA every time then you should have an easy 3-4 yards atleast. Just because you are being out-smarted by someone, doesn't mean it doesn't work.

I have plenty success using PA against human and CPU opponents.
I highly doubt your having success with the PA against the CPU on all-madden and I know how to set up the playaction. I'm a run first guy and I don't get out smarted that much. It just doesn't work on 11(against all-madden CPU).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
100% Wrong. In Madden 10 it worked far beyond reason, many leagues even neutered the use of it on downs over a certain distance because it worked in ANY situation. This year the blitz will still go for the QB, that's the only difference. If a defender has high PRC why should he fall for the fake?

I actually prefer this years PA over M10, and I'm a run first PA type of team, as I'm exclusive to Carolina. And as far as it being a success despite the fake QB's with a high PAC rating are probably my biggest annoyance seeing as how you don't even have to establish the run with them to get it going. (I play on ALL-MADDEN)

Back on topic, I'm noticing alot of clear out routes that will definitely impact manual users in the secondary, this is what the 2nd/3rd Double post play?
I'm sure those were all-pro leagues in which the AI is terrible and bites on anything. It wasn't that easy on 10 on all-madden but it was definitely usable.

But anyway looks like a great play to use if PA actually works on 12.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:46 PM   #13
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Great to see the Jags getting some love. This is the exact play I suggested in a thread recently. Here's Jags' OC Dirk Koetter explaining the Double Post concept:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »