Home

25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #11: Jets Slot Post

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #11: Jets Slot Post within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #11: Jets Slot Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjizzle
Good luck trying to press Braylon Edwards, this play is a guaranteed completion every time unless you have good user skills.
It depends on your secondary too, I have DRC, Tramon Williams, and Vontae davis at CB in one of my online franchises + Nick Collins (who I user), and Tyvon Branch at safety. In other words, talent like that in your secondary will go along way, especially with the 2 man under, or cover one press vs this play. But again, it all comes down to who you're playing, and your reads on offense.

All-in-all, I can see my self using this play in the redzone, and hitting the post for the TE, Finley would beast in this play. It would also be good for 3rd and long situations too.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Not a rumor, Dewiel from EA came in here a week ago and mentioned in a thread somewhere.
I'd prefer if they alternated days like NCAA did.

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing some Packers plays. They have some of the most exotic looking formations, and plays in the NFL, so I'm hopeing they added some if not all of them this year.

I would also like to see the WC tweaked a bit too. Most importantly the ability to scramble out of it, and a package for best throwing WR, HB ect. So players like Randel-El, Armonty Edwards, ect. would be put in the game as the WC QB, so your not forced to use one of the aforementioned as your 2nd WR in order to put them in the game in the WC.

Last edited by Claymaker52; 04-07-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:38 PM   #19
EA SPORTS Community Mgr.

Dewiel's Arena

OVR: 14
I think you guys are going to be impressed with the defensive plays that we have to show you. We'll be getting to the defensive side of the ball shortly.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #20
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Looking forward to seeing some of those crazy Jets "non" formation blitzes they like to run.

sent from parts unknown
Old 04-07-2011, 10:26 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

hopefully a new 4-3 formation....wink wink
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
i dont think so, both wheel routes can beat u deep depending on who their Wrs are. Your Deep zone will stay in the middle of the field and wont be able to help to defend the pass, but might be there to make the tackle

the middle route+ post combo will take care of your user MLB....throw where u are not

and dnt forget about the check down

Defending this play in a man defense will 100% will come down to the individual match ups.. Cover 3 and maybe even cover 4 (with playmaker adjustments) are better choices to defend the play
I was thinking the same thing. Obviously, in most cases, you won't know a OC's plays, but if you know there are going to be 3 deep routes, and you call Cover 1 without a blitz, you're asking for trouble. The fact that the X and Y receivers are running fades means that they'll be down the field pretty quickly after the jam, which means the safety is going to have to commit to one of these receivers rather hastily. He may have a chance to help the post route if he commits to the X receiver, but that's only slight. He'll be no help to anyone else if he has to commit to the Y receiver. More than likely, you're leaving 2 corners, probably the 3rd toughest position to play in football, butt naked to get exposed deep with no help.

Cover 4 works better here, but Cover 3 might be best, assuming there are no adjustments to either.

Oh, and sorry, but I used actual football 'X' and 'Y' terms. Not the corresponding Xbox terms. Hope that doesn't cause confusions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »