Home

25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #12: PA Y-Drag Wheel

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #12: PA Y-Drag Wheel within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #9
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #12: PA Y-Drag Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Zilla
Going to need a strong armed QB to make this throw and the saftey is going to have to bite hard on either the PA or the crossing/post routes.

If PA is fixed this year and the OL can block this play could be 6 points no problem but if the OL are still revolving doors on PA then could be trouble
Yea that is one of my biggest fears right now is the oline blocking. The oline blocking in madden 11 is decent. But the AI on the oline seems to always be confused half the time when it comes to blocking certain players. I'm hoping this will be one of the things they work on this year is the oline blocking. Do I want the oline to hold blocks for a long time. No I don't but I would love to see the oline do a better job at blocking when it comes to PA and while in shotgun formation.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Word of advice: you may have to keep one of those receivers in to block. I've noticed this works wonders in Madden.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #11
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Going to need a good line to hold up for enough time to make that drag route pass. If someone isn't usering the safety and you have a speedy wideout, you could probably throw it deep every time without a problem.

Note you'll probably have to audible into the play from the line for that strategy to be effective because you can't sub WR's at TE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2011, 12:10 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
Going to need a good line to hold up for enough time to make that drag route pass. If someone isn't usering the safety and you have a speedy wideout, you could probably throw it deep every time without a problem.

Note you'll probably have to audible into the play from the line for that strategy to be effective because you can't sub WR's at TE.
Great point. Unless you have Vernon Davis, you'll probably have to audible this play w/ a full WR set.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Wheel routes took forever to run in Madden 11, even with a fast WR.

I can only imagine how slow this route would be with a TE.

Route running in general is just too slow in Madden.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:11 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Zilla
Going to need a strong armed QB to make this throw and the saftey is going to have to bite hard on either the PA or the crossing/post routes.

If PA is fixed this year and the OL can block this play could be 6 points no problem but if the OL are still revolving doors on PA then could be trouble
Yeah if you run this playt and have Chad Pennington as your QB, then there is something wrong upstairs, either that or you're trying to pad his INT stats.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 6

for all you guys who are concerned about the time it takes for the wheel route to develop all u need to do is motion him to the left.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #16
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS

So you're saying come out in 4 WR and audible down to this play?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »