Home

25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #12: PA Y-Drag Wheel

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #12: PA Y-Drag Wheel within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #17
Go Titans..

OVR: 34
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #12: PA Y-Drag Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
So you're saying come out in 4 WR and audible down to this play?
I'm not sure about all formations, but the two I do know that would work are the 5 WR formations and 4 WR formations with a tailback. I don't do it often so there are probably more formations that you can do this with other than those two.

Last edited by Evan_OS; 04-09-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Wheel routes took forever to run in Madden 11, even with a fast WR.

I can only imagine how slow this route would be with a TE.

Route running in general is just too slow in Madden.
That's a big concern of mine. The route running in a lot of cases is too slow and then to top it off it is way to flustered. WR's do not know how to smoothly get around each other and defenders. They do not do a great job of moving through traffic, which results in you have to hold the football longer than you want to on a play like this.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #19
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
That's a big concern of mine. The route running in a lot of cases is too slow and then to top it off it is way to flustered. WR's do not know how to smoothly get around each other and defenders. They do not do a great job of moving through traffic, which results in you have to hold the football longer than you want to on a play like this.
Not even that, will the super LB or S be able to magically cover the field and just lift his arm up swatting it down, like what can be done now?

WR getting around DB's is a great point. I watched my WR with 90RTE try to run a 5 and out and just get stuck with the DB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 04-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #20
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
I'm not sure about all formations, but the two I do know that would work are the 5 WR formations and 4 WR formations with a tailback. I don't do it often so there are probably more formations that you can do this with other than those two.
Hate to sound like the "sim police" but I don't think it's all that realistic to have 2 WRs playing TE and a WR playing HB just to have them run a good play that happens to be in a 2 TE formation.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #21
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Hate to sound like the "sim police" but I don't think it's all that realistic to have 2 WRs playing TE and a WR playing HB just to have them run a good play that happens to be in a 2 TE formation.
Is it SIM to put your DT at fullback in goal line formation?

In all honesty, if you do things within the game that don't cause glitches, make your player speed up quicker after the snap of the ball, run fake punts and go for 4th downs every possession or anything like that, it's not considered cheese imo.

Last edited by Evan_OS; 04-10-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2011, 12:02 AM   #22
All Star

OVR: 33

or madden could just let us sub in WRs,TEs,HBs,CBs at receiver positions and let us have our fun.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #23
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
Is it SIM to put your DT at fullback in goal line formation?

In all honesty, if you do things within the game that don't cause glitches, make your player speed up quicker after the snap of the ball, run fake punts and go for 4th downs every possession or anything like that, it's not considered cheese imo.
Yeah, I understand your point. It's not like putting WR's at TE "breaks" the game, but when a DT comes in at FB in real life, it alerts the 11 defenders, "hey chances are they're gonna run, and if they pass, the FB probably doesn't need to be covered. Let's sell out for the run."

In Madden, when there are 5 WRs on the field playing TE and HB, there is no way of making the 11 defenders sell out for the pass. They don't recognize that running the ball in that situation would be a poor strategy and should pretty much be ignored. So while it's not breaking the game, it's also not well accounted for as it would be in real life.

And I do believe we should have the ability to sub in any player at any position. As long as the game plays properly, there will be some risk/reward to playing guys out of position.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

At the 43 second mark

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »