Home

Madden Creative Director, Ian Cummings is Leaving Tiburon

This is a discussion on Madden Creative Director, Ian Cummings is Leaving Tiburon within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #17
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Ian Cummings is out

Thats s****y. Liked his vision for the game, even though it could never get there, it was making some strides.

Ah well, best to him and his fam.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #18
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Madden 12 will be fine bro. They are already doing demo to the press this week to get ready for the draft. These few guys leaving ain't going to hurt the game that much. I'm sure EA got this under control.
after the last four or five years, i don't know how you can still say this. but i do hope you're right because i'm tired of not having an nfl football game to play with friends.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:39 PM   #19
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Have we heard when these resignations will take effect?
Old 04-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #20
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Big shocker ... didn't see it coming. Really wonder about the future of 'Madden' in general now

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 04-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 24

Shocking, but understandable (Him wanting to go elsewhere to make more money)

This sucks. Whomever comes in better not take another 8 steps back with the excuse of "I'm learning. Give me time".

I'm not liking the future of Madden right now. As someone above posted, the dev team appears to be in disarray. Coupled with the quarterly losses reported,and the overall economy the way it is, there could be a time in the not-too-distant future where Triburon and the Madden team close up shop for good.

Think it can't happen? Well, it happened with Aces Studios, the company behind the successful Flight Simulator series for the PC.

Overreacting? Maybe just a little, but I'm still concerned. Ian looked to be the "captain" of the ship, and was steering it into the right direction. Now he's leaving, and the ship will be without a captain for who knows how long. In the meantime, how will the series be affected? Guess I'll have to wait and see......like I've been doing for the past several years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #22
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I guess it makes sense that he isnt out PRing with phil and the other guy this week. Kind of sucks because I thought Ian was doing a good job and was truly passionate about the game. Cant blame him though, probably will make more money on his own and probably wont have to listen to the constant backlash of Madden fans
Old 04-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #23
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Caught me off guard. I wonder if this is similar to Mike Wang leaving the NBA Live team because they didn't share the same vision. If so, we all know how that story ended.
I really don't know, but if Pasta's article is accurate, it seems as though Ian is leaving on his own terms for a better opportunity. Doesn't seem to be the same situation that it was for NBA Live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
after the last four or five years, i don't know how you can still say this. but i do hope you're right because i'm tired of not having an nfl football game to play with friends.
It's easy -- not everyone is up in arms about the quality of Madden. Many people do enjoy it .
Old 04-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #24
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Beyond the videogames, as for actual life goes I applaud him. Sometimes no matter how much you love or like your job. sometimes the downside to it makes it not worth it. You have to make a change its hard, but if your willing to accept it. it could make your life better, hopefully that's what Ian shooting for.

Good Luck Ian,

Thanks for everything.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »