Home

25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #23: Mizzou Jet

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #23: Mizzou Jet within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #23: Mizzou Jet

Over the next few weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in NCAA Football 12.

New offensive plays will be shown every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, while a new defensive play every Tuesday and Thursday. Each new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to NCAA Football 12.

Play #23 features the Mizzou Jet.

Quote:
"Shotgun Trips Unbalanced Mizzou Jet is a new addition to the Tigers high flying spread offense. The formation calls for the tight end to align on the line of scrimmage and places the split end on the left off the line of scrimmage. With three spread receivers combined with the halfback in the backfield, Missouri can get four blockers at the point of attack on the jet sweep."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #23: Mizzou Jet

in this formation, the left tackle is an eligible receiver. or is that where they mean the te is?

also, the inside wr on the trips side is covered up, and therefore is not eligible. they have him going down field like he's faking a pass route. if they have other plays from this formation, and have him running routes on passing downs, that's a penalty.

someone correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by theharbinater
in this formation, the left tackle is an eligible receiver. or is that where they mean the te is?

also, the inside wr on the trips side is covered up, and therefore is not eligible. they have him going down field like he's faking a pass route. if they have other plays from this formation, and have him running routes on passing downs, that's a penalty.

Nope you are right.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
every time i have seen missouri play when they have used this type of run they have had dash aka "inverted veer" blocking for this play thus making the qb a threat in this play as well
Old 04-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:

Wow just wow, gotta question these developers general football knowledge, "you kno EA, sometimes, i wonder......"
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Do a lot of college teams run these WR jet sweeps?

I just don't see this happening...

I think they put this in to cover the fact that they don't have end arounds and reverses in the game.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #7
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
Wow just wow, gotta question these developers general football knowledge, "you kno EA, sometimes, i wonder......"
there is nothing wrong with that formation. The LT is only eligible if he is wearing a eligible number, in the NFL he would have to report in if the lineman wanted to go out for a pass. As long as they have 7 on the line they are fine, the 3rd WR being covered makes him ineligible for a pass but makes the formation legal because he there are 7 guys on the LOS.

I doubt they have other plays in this formation and if they do its prob a fake jet QB run or fake jet option type play but i bet this is just a wrinkle in a different formation where that 3rd receiver isn't on the line and the WR, the jet man on this play, is on the line.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #8
Banned

MachoFantastic's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
in this formation, the left tackle is an eligible receiver.
An offensive lineman can never be an eligible receiver (in college ball) as far as I know. The only way that player can be eligible is if a player not wearing 50-79 is substituted in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »