Home

Madden NFL 12 to Kick Off Another 3-Year Plan

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 to Kick Off Another 3-Year Plan within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 07:59 AM   #1
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Madden NFL 12 to Kick Off Another 3-Year Plan

Multiple sources are reporting that Cam Weber, EA's General Manager of Football, is touting a new 3-year plan for Madden, starting with Madden NFL 12.

Didn't Ian have a 3-year plan for an in-depth franchise mode and "Everything you see on Sunday" that was supposed to be fulfilled with Madden 12? Hopefully, he didn't leave because some suits or this new GM put MUT, Gameflow or the Need for Speed type Autolog feature ahead of Ian's vision.

Let the speculation begin...
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2011, 08:01 AM   #2
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
LoL they're still going with this strategy?

What they're like 0-2 with this plan right?
Old 04-14-2011, 08:06 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Another 3-Year Plan

This is tricky. On one hand, it's great that Tiburon has their priorities set for the long term. On the other hand, we just got done waiting three years from the last plan, and the jury is still out until August (or whenever the final title update drops in the fall). I hope this coming 3-year-plan is executed more aggressively and effectively, but I'm still open on M12.

There will be a lot of people who read this and cry wolf, but I don't think it is as worthy of eye-rolling as it appears. To me it just means that there will be some extra stability in the future editions of the game. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:08 AM   #4
Rookie

GGEden's Arena

OVR: 11

They say they've already mapped out the plan thru to Madden 14. That says to me it's the same old same old.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:08 AM   #5
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

This is what needs to be done to get Madden back on track. Once you build a good game you can then go tweaking it year to year but not before. However I have heard this all before.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2011, 08:10 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGEden
They say they've already mapped out the plan thru to Madden 14. That says to me it's the same old same old.
It's a business thing. They want to map out where their work is heading in the future and set goals. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:12 AM   #7
Rookie

GGEden's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
On the other hand, we just got done waiting three years from the last plan, and the jury is still out until August (or whenever the final title update drops in the fall). I hope this coming 3-year-plan is executed more aggressively and effectively, but I'm still open on M12.
This is a good point on two counts. Unbolded = same old same old.
Bolded....see, before i used to just buy madden on release, believing hype and EA's pre-release videos etc.

But enough was enough, and backbreaker's engine itself has now set a new bar for me as a consumer. From now I'm downloading the demo, if it's not up to my standards, I wont be buying it. If it's got all the same problems that the SimStandard guys often point out, I'm not buying it.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:22 AM   #8
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

EA has an every year plan to take as much money as possible regardless of game quality and people continue to buy it. Until that ends, nothing will change.
Twitter
YouTube
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »