Home

Madden NFL 12 - Looking For a Few Good Franchise Fans!

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 - Looking For a Few Good Franchise Fans! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2011, 12:43 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 12 - Looking For a Few Good Franchise Fans!

Hope 90% of whats going on, is in online also.

Last edited by TyghtWork; 04-21-2011 at 12:45 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:58 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 28
This bums me out. Once again, sounds to me like online franchise will be blanked again in favor of beating the crap out of the computer.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:35 AM   #19
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1

I would love to do this, but I don't have a twitter account and have no intention of ever creating one :P

I play sports games just for their franchise mode. I have three different football games on my desktop alone (PFS, Football Mogul, and UFL) and I in madden I'm more interested in who goes where, how guess progress, ect.

Their are a few things I would say need to be added... or rather one thing.

Majesty
-This is what I like to refer to it as. It is the ability for a game to remain interesting after the first season and even after all of the real players are gone.

How this is achieved
-Quasi-realistic player pics. NBA 2k11 and MLB the Show are fairly good representatives of this. In 2k11 the picture on the roster matches the player in the game... this is indispensable. Also, they seem to be fairly unique. When a game has only a few (hundred) pictures in the database to draw from it is almost worse than having no picture at all. A random face generator for each player would be the most ideal, but I'm not sure how realistic that is.

-Stats: gotta have them. I mean what round they were taken in and what year along with college (college stats, accolades), that kind of thing. I hate it when games don't have great stat representation (MLB the Show I am looking at you). Also it irks me when the stat sheets fail to mention clearly what team they were playing on during a given year (NHL 11).

-DRAFT PRESENTATION!!!!!!- Herein lies the short-route to success. What I want is for an animated draft show with Mel Kiper Jr. or just some random freaking guy off the street you payed $20 to read a script for a few hours. They should read a bunch of generic comments (couple thousand) about players and then link those comments to certain statistical or positional triggers from each player.

Example: had a stellar senior year at which really boosted his draft stock. He through for 2800 yards, 21 Touchdowns, and had a QB rating of 130. He made the bowl and won throwing for 354 yards and 2 Touchdowns. He is projected to go 7th in the draft to the Minnesota Vikings.

I don't care how generic the guy sounds. I don't care how awkward the video is. I just want it in their. If nobody likes it, well, they can skip it.

Weekly TV Show- This is a little further out they, but I would like to see a weekly TV show, like 2k5 had, with maybe some guy from ESPN or something. I DON'T CARE WHO IT IS. It could be Woody Paige from Around the Horn for all I care, I just want to see it. Again, this would be best animated. I suggest for both this and the Draft Presentation to use the motion capturing devices that Rockstar is using for LA Noire. It would take longer, but the results speak for themselves. I would also like a playoff preview, weekly draft update, season preview (would be really sweet), ect.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:04 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Looking for a few good franchise fans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
One quick note...this only applies to Offline Franchise in Madden NFL 12.
Josh does that mean progression, re-sign logic, draft trades, etc not in online franchise then?
Old 04-21-2011, 03:34 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 7

I sent you a tweet, @InfinityWardFan. Would love to have a chance to aid in the development of my favorite game mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2011, 04:46 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0
why isnt this kind of networking and brainstorming available for other features of the game like PRESENTATION or ON-FIELD GAMEPLAY or VISUALS????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 04:48 AM   #23
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

I have no idea how to twitter, but I signed up and tried. lol.

Hopefully I can get in on this.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:20 AM   #24
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

haha, me too. Never understood the point of twitter but i made an account too just to have a chance to help with franchise tuning.
The things we do for Madden...

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »