Home

NCAA Football 12 Preview

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Preview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2011, 09:33 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NCAA Football 12 Preview

The fact that Chase says the players still have that floaty feel and no true foot planting really concerns me. That is one of my biggest problems with the Next-Gen EA football games. I guess it is just not possible to get that in with the engine they are working with.

Why cant they just copy FIFA's foot planting and locomotion technology? The locomotion they added last year was OK but it wasnt great by any means. Also, I will never understand why they cant get the game to run as SMOOTH as the previous generations of consoles. The only EA game that is extremely smooth on next-gen is the NHL series. I have heard great things about FIFA as well but dont play it much.

It is also very concerning that there is no news from Chase about "consecutive hit" tackles...

Last edited by ch46647; 04-21-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:34 AM   #10
Rookie

chen_sc's Arena

OVR: 4

the espn ticker that updates scores out of town is in?
Old 04-21-2011, 09:36 AM   #11
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
By chance, Chase, was there any info on TeamBuilder given?
I know it's a focus for them because they realize college fans are social fiends, but anything I found out I wouldn't be able to talk about anyway at this point. Same goes for Online Dynasty etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2011, 09:36 AM   #12
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

The part about gameplay sounds like a tuner set not a new game.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:36 AM   #13
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I know it's a focus for them because they realize college fans are social fiends, but anything I found out I wouldn't be able to talk about anyway at this point. Same goes for Online Dynasty etc.
I see. Never hurts to ask.

So you can mainly comment on the on-field gameplay and presentation?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 04-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #14
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

pretty good read, excited about presentation, but at same time I am kinda bummed that gameday didn't make it in.

Chase, here is a question. When conference games are played, is there presentation tidbits that let you know that you are playing an ACC game vs. say an out of conference game? I feel like these types of things really add to making each game you play feel authentic.

Oh, and can you elaborate a little more on these ESPN presentation packages? So we will have end of the quarter highlights, and a half-time highlight show? Will there be commentary, and in the build that you saw/played, was there commentary included yet?

Thanks for the write up!

Old 04-21-2011, 09:38 AM   #15
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
The fact that Chase says the players still have that floaty feel and no true footplanting really concerns me. That is one of my biggest problems with the Next-Gen EA football games. I guess it is just not possible to get that in with the engine they are working with.

Why cant they just copy FIFA's footplanting and locomotion technology? THe locomotion they added last year was OK but it wasnt great by any means. Also, I will just never understand why they cant get the game to run as SMOOTH as the previous generations of consoles. The only EA game that is extremely smooth on next-gen is the NHL series. I have heard great things about FIFA as well but dont play it much.

Probably also concerning that there is no news from Chase about "consecutive hit" tackles...
Remind me of the definition of consecutive hit tackles again. I think I know what you mean, and I sort of think that's what I was getting at in this article, but give me clarity first before responding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2011, 09:39 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 5

custom playbooks are in! is it based on how many formations we get 2 choose or is it an amount of plays we can choose? how many formations/plays can we choose? thanks for the info Chase!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »