Home

25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #20: Sugar Blitz

This is a discussion on 25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #20: Sugar Blitz within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #25
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to Madden NFL 12 - Play #20: Sugar Blitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
The RL v Madden argument might apply IF I used this as a base defense against base offense. In my first post, I stated that I'd use this if my opponent gave me a reason. If my opponent is running the ball from base personnel, it's not likely that he's going to 'give me a reason' to bring 6 DB's against his base...

Furthermore, is he special because he's Charles Woodson? Or is he special because his coordinator uses him in a special way?

That's a rhetorical question. Both are true. But he's not the only defensive back that could be used in that fashion. There are plenty of other players who would fit well into the way Dom Capers uses Woodson. Those players just don't play in Dom's defense...

Later

I think historically in Madden, the Nickel CB has always played like Charles Woodson does in real life, regardless of who it is. CBs in general in Madden are too good against the run and they are the force player in most defensive plays in Madden.

If you're running a toss or power play to the right in Madden, is it your preference to have a WR on the play side (right) or the weak side (left) ? I think historically in Madden most would say keep the WR on the weak side (unless the D is in zone where the CB will be left unblocked). This is because the CBs are way too important in the running game where the OLB and SS should be utilized as the force player more often. In other words, it's way too easy to kick runs outside unless there is a CB in the area.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »