Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - GTTV Interview with Ben Haumiller

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - GTTV Interview with Ben Haumiller within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2011, 01:32 PM   #9
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - GTTV Interview with Ben Haumiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
Laziness? Really, because you have actually made a football video game and you know how to program a better game. That is amazing. Typical response of what happens here at OS!
I wouldn't worry bout comments like that dude only has two posts for a year. They have their reasons why ball has to be that size. Maybe if something happens and they get two or more years, but yea isn't worth it. I do like the comment of the mo cap being more violent in general maybe it give the same effect in the animation. I believe we are seeing an Alpha model at this points so there is still time to fix alot of what we see,plus with the added community involvement this year I think we are in store for a pretty good game. we have guys with over 50 hrs some over or close to 100 hrs of gameplay. I think we are in better shape for a game especially it being a sports game than any made.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #10
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
Laziness? Really, because you have actually made a football video game and you know how to program a better game. That is amazing. Typical response of what happens here at OS!
No this is....

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 04-22-2011, 04:58 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 19
Defensive player changed direction within two steps after running full speed.

What good is the New grass if there still is not any interaction between the foot and grass?

Seems like player sliding until the foot animation arrives at the point of looking like it's on the ground, then a still shot of the foot buried in the grass is injected at that moment, then slide again until the next foot.

Man, if you have Gameplay issues you still see or have not been addressed, you better post your concerns quick becasue this window is closing fast before they move on.

On a good note. the throwing animation looked different to me as he seemed to have a wind-up to it.
Maybe my mind playing tricks on me because I'm wanting to see something different so bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #12
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I could be wrong but I thought they had said a long time ago that the ball is the size that it is so that it would be easier for the player to see it in the game.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:27 PM   #13
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
I always wondered why tackling didn't look natural but after looking at the mo-cap now I know why. The Mo Cap guys are tackling similar to players doing tackling drills or if you are teaching someone to tackle. Just looking at it you can tell that the Ball Carrier wasn't actually trying to run through the tackler and just got drilled in the process; he kinda just gave himself up. None of the Mo-Caps were actual football situations. I bet if they had people actually going after each other(competing) the animations would be awesome.
yea its a shame that you get drill based tackle animations. I remember one of the basketball games realizing that the defense wasn't right because when they did animations it was just a few guys on the court so what they did was put all 10 guys on the court at once and mo capped them together so you'd get game like reactions.

Going along with the oddity that tackles could look so bad even though they are mo-capped, why do throwing animations continue to look bad? The QB throwing animation is awful and has never been changed. Who was the QB they got to go mo-cap that because whoever it was had awful form and now we're stuck with it.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:27 PM   #14
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Going along with the oddity that tackles could look so bad even though they are mo-capped, why do throwing animations continue to look bad? The QB throwing animation is awful and has never been changed. Who was the QB they got to go mo-cap that because whoever it was had awful form and now we're stuck with it.
It was probably one of the devs. They've been known to do mo cap themselves.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-22-2011, 10:37 PM   #15
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

At the least they should have a few different animations. Have a few coaches come in with their QBs, and have their QB throw the ball the way their coach taught them. then give them generic names or just 'Animation 1, Animation 2' etc. and at least we'd have some variety.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 10:57 PM   #16
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
It was probably one of the devs. They've been known to do mo cap themselves.
honestly thats what it looks like. It looks like someone who doesnt play football throwing a football. Doesnt Madden have different throwing motions for QBs. I never understood why they dont try to get these guys entering the upcoming draft and bring them in to do some mo-cap. Then youre getting mo-cap from guys who just got out of college.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »