Home

Madden NFL 12 Has Twice as Many People Working on Core Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Has Twice as Many People Working on Core Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 30
After reading about what is in NCAA 12 and thinking I seen at least the multi-hit tackling in the more gameplay vid BEFORE actually reading about it, this bodes well for Madden 12.

Increasing the team members SHOULD be fruitful and hopefully, BOTH games will truly shine like never before....but I take issue with that spin to the ground tackle animation appearing too many times for my liking in the vids. I gotta go back and see if they just kept using the same footage over and over. I didn't really analyze it, initially.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #18
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 12 Has Twice as Many People Working on Core Gameplay

law of diminishing returns.

economies of scale.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:32 AM   #19
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
The Vick picture is from 12.

I'm a little confused though. I know the headline here says twice as many people are working on Madden 12, but in the quote in the OP, it sounds like Cam is speaking of future games like Madden 13 and on.

Great news regardless. I like what I've read from Cam so far and I also get a good feeling when it comes to this year's game. I did buy last year's game too, but I wasn't as optimistic as I'm feeling now. Last year you could almost tell there wasn't going to be that big of a leap made, but I think/hope that will be different this year.

I know the Vick shot is from 12, i meant the pictures in the article like this one here:

And about the actual article, i sort of agree with you. When i read it, i didn't see anything about the current Madden game having double the team; Especially when he just got abroad this February
Old 04-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #20
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
I know the Vick shot is from 12, i meant the pictures in the article like this one here:

And about the actual article, i sort of agree with you. When i read it, i didn't see anything about the current Madden game having double the team; Especially when he just got abroad this February
I'm guessing that's a Madden 11 shot. If it's 12, they forgot to put in 3d grass like NCAA.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

So it sounds like Madden 12 is basically Ian Cummings and the old Madden team's game.

The new Madden team sounds great, but it doesn't look like we will see their impact until Madden 13.

I do like the fact that the new guy is from FIFA. FIFA is EA's best franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2011, 12:42 PM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
So it sounds like Madden 12 is basically Ian Cummings and the old Madden team's game.
What old Madden team are you referring too? If you read the article, only Ian and one other person left from IT.

Hardly a "team."
Old 04-23-2011, 01:52 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 9
Until I actually see changes, this only seems like pandering to me. Who do you think will hear about this quote from him? Only us, the guys he's referring to.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #24
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

This one and the "Defensive Secondary AI" thread are the best two threads I've read in this forum in a long time. I'm starting to get a little hopeful for Madden again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »