Home

Madden NFL 12 Videos - Gameplay From ESPN First Take

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Videos - Gameplay From ESPN First Take within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #17
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Video of Madden 12 Gameplay on ESPN First Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Not to open up this can of worms again, but that wasn't a "consecutive hit" tackle. Just a two man gang tackle.
I didn't want to say anything, but yeah, that was nothing we haven't seen before.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #18
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
not impressed with it

their animations just seem to lack frames....making them look *quick*..sometimes herky/jerky....maybe it was the game speed setting, i don;t know.

i want to see long-drawn out animations

I agree with this and I don't think it's the speed setting. Their animations are just plain odd. They don't resemble human motion much at all. It's like they are pop locking or something.

Definitely missing frames in the animations and the transitions happen in the blink of an eye.

This is partly a design choice I think though. They know that people love Madden for it's unrealistic movement. If they were to make long drawn out animations and people didn't have pinpoint stop on a dime control, there would probably be outrage.

The other part is their tech. I'm sorry, but it's some of the worst animation tech out there. I never understand how this is possible when I know for a fact that they spend tons more money than every other studio does on animation.

It makes no sense.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #19
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
not impressed with it

their animations just seem to lack frames....making them look *quick*..sometimes herky/jerky....maybe it was the game speed setting, i don;t know.

i want to see long-drawn out animations
I feel the exact same way. Their animations pop in and out too quickly. That's why they look so awkward. The need to be long so they connect back the running animations properly.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #20
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Looks like M11... I can't see anything from watching it over and over that is different (with the exception of the entrance and the celebration that Vick does after getting tackled). Maybe I'm just simply refusing to fall for the hype and have lost any optimism with regard to drastic improvements to this franchise.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #21
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I agree with this and I don't think it's the speed setting. Their animations are just plain odd. They don't resemble human motion much at all. It's like they are pop locking or something.
They're trying to clean it up, but at it's core it still has too much next-gen [Tiburon movement] DNA. The skating was really bad in the earlier Madden/NCAAs, and the players still aren't tethered to the ground enough. The two catch animations were both poor/bad. It's like the game is trying to select a cool animation to render and the game seems to pause slightly, instead of having it occur naturally/fluidly. Player post-play movement looks a little better but you can still see players looking hunchbacked/walking robotically in the background of the few plays that were shown. Graphics are good. Will be interesting to see full gameplay video, but likely won't see that for a while

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 01:08 PM   #22
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
. Then I tried to see if they had Vick's throwing motion right. Couldn't tell on either of the two throws.
Vick's throwing motion is spot on. That was the first thing I noticed from that clip.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 04-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #23
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Looks terrible, but of course that's just my opinion. Reminds me a lot of Madden 11, which I played for a total of five minutes. But sure I'll waste some more space on my PS3 HDD again this year to see if it'll be worth picking up.

The thing I absolutely must do is enter this with extremely low expectations. Maybe then it won't be a total flop. What was the sales drop last year, again? 18%? I am very curious as to what changes they've made in Madden 12.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 15

Unfortunately, it looks very much the same to me as well. I truly believe that EA simply cannot do anymore with the games current engine, or series of engines Ian said it has.

I think EA is just going to ride out the rest of this generation of consoles on the fact that they hold the exclusive license. Hopefully they atleast learn their lesson and dont push out a terrible engine when the new system of consoles eventually comes out. Sadly, I think that we just have to concede the fact that this is just a lost generation of gaming for football fans.

My .02

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »