Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - New Presentation Producer Interview

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - New Presentation Producer Interview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #25
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7
Talking Re: NCAA Football 12: Producer Interview on Presentation

I was hoping he said something about new commentary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #26
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Football 12: Producer Interview on Presentation

broadcast camera? presentation is further improved but still incomplete without it. i want highlights from a broadcast cam like i see on espn. and i really hope the lighting is noticeably improved in every type of weather setting. i believe i read that progressive is in, really hope it is.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:04 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
First off, Jean, where is your undershirt?

Secondly, I hope the pregame intros change a little bit each time. I don't want to see the guy almost fall on his face every single time I have a home game as Colorado. I don't want to see the tiger roar and a player stop in the same way every single time at LSU.
Thats exactly what will happen. No real time commentary, or anything unique to that game on that day as to presentation. I dont think they know how to do it. Not being negative, just realistic.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #28
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
I think they don't want to spend the time on it. It would be a very time consuming task to create AI and all that for all of the entrances in the game. Right now its basically a video and I imagine much easier to do than what you're saying.
As someone who programs for a living I can tell you it would not be a big deal at all. The assets are all there, even a lot of the animations. It might require a few extra motion captures (a fist pump, a run-skip, whatever) but the programming is trivial. Each person running out would follow a pattern based on a set of random determinations (specific to different a few entrance types) and there would be some real time adjusting as they run out (spacing what have you). It would be a fairly simple thing that would take presentation to a whole new realistic level. Combine that with some real context sensitive commentary and the game becomes wholly more organic and immersive.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:50 AM   #29
Rookie

im pretty happy with the direction they are taking. It would be nice to have different camera angles and what not for pre game but it won't bother me to much if they don't as long as they have fixed in game and between play presentation.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:16 AM   #30
Rookie

CKA15's Arena

OVR: 1
I was thinking... since he said something about color...I wonder if the ankle braces will still change colors from black to cream after about a qtr
Old 04-28-2011, 02:38 AM   #31
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - New Presentation Producer Interview

Why, in a video touting "authenticity," did they pick that clip for Oklahoma State? Pistol Pete never goes into the stands, much less get thrown in the air by the students. We have Bullet running onto the field after every touchdown, the Wave, the opening of the gate as the team takes the field, and the Paddle People, but the first clip of OSU is something that never happens. Oh well, it's just an in-game cutscene. Doesn't really make any difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 10
Can we get a broadcast camera angle and decent halftime show like NFL2k5. Whats about stats overlays and banners? Will we see player comparisons, season stats, franchise stats,,,etc. Its ok with the intros, but what about the in-game presentation????

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »