Home

Reserve Madden NFL 12 and Receive Exclusive Players, All Sophomore and Rookie Teams

This is a discussion on Reserve Madden NFL 12 and Receive Exclusive Players, All Sophomore and Rookie Teams within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2011, 03:45 AM   #9
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
ummm... Weren't All-Star teams included in every version of Madden since the 90s? It doesn't say anywhere that these teams are for MUT. Or am I missing something?
Old 04-28-2011, 03:56 AM   #10
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Reserve Madden NFL 12 and Receive Exclusive Players, All Sophomore and Rookie Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
ummm... Weren't All-Star teams included in every version of Madden since the 90s? It doesn't say anywhere that these teams are for MUT. Or am I missing something?
You're probably not missing anything, I'm simply hoping that the preorder content isn't something so entirely useless as rookie / allstar teams, which most other - if not ALL other - sports games include in-the-box and on-the-disc without having to preorder from a specific chain, or input a download code, or what have you.

The only really logical preorder tie-in I really see for Madden with MUT; Madden's not like other games in that one doesn't typically extend it with DLC such as map packs and health bonuses in first-person shooter games (referring to Call of Duty and Duke Nukem Forever), or extra tracks for music games (like The Doors in Rock Band 3). The only really dynamic part of Madden in this regard is MUT, which has been wildly successful for EA from all accounts, and though I'm not marketing genius I'd opine that it'd make more sense for EA to continue to promote that.

If all-star teams are really the preorder bonus, I'm disappointed in EA for stooping to that level (as I'm guessing like all other pre-order DLC that they will be sold later to all other customers), but again it won't stop me from buying the game elsewhere and ignoring this rather lame DLC when it is released to XBL Marketplace.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:18 AM   #11
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Reserve Madden NFL 12 and Receive Exclusive Players, All Sophomore and Rookie Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
You're probably not missing anything, I'm simply hoping that the preorder content isn't something so entirely useless as rookie / allstar teams, which most other - if not ALL other - sports games include in-the-box and on-the-disc without having to preorder from a specific chain, or input a download code, or what have you.

The only really logical preorder tie-in I really see for Madden with MUT; Madden's not like other games in that one doesn't typically extend it with DLC such as map packs and health bonuses in first-person shooter games (referring to Call of Duty and Duke Nukem Forever), or extra tracks for music games (like The Doors in Rock Band 3). The only really dynamic part of Madden in this regard is MUT, which has been wildly successful for EA from all accounts, and though I'm not marketing genius I'd opine that it'd make more sense for EA to continue to promote that.

If all-star teams are really the preorder bonus, I'm disappointed in EA for stooping to that level (as I'm guessing like all other pre-order DLC that they will be sold later to all other customers), but again it won't stop me from buying the game elsewhere and ignoring this rather lame DLC when it is released to XBL Marketplace.
I agree 100%. I don't really care about playing with All-Star teams and I don't play MUT either but I can understand for people who do MUT that this would be a big incentive.
If this isn't for MUT though that is an awful move on EA's part. And its a really slippery slope that they're going down.

This is actually something that I was talking about with the NCAA pre-order bonus. First its just alt-unis now with Madden its become teams as the next step along a slippery slope.
Back when I was a kid though I did like to play with or against all-star teams in Play Now and I think there probably are a bunch of people who would be really disappointed if they weren't in the game without a GS pre-order.
Hopefully someone in marketing just forgot to mention in the blurb that these teams are for MUT and I'll refrain from discussing "what ifs" until there is some confirmation one way or the other.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise

Last edited by brza37; 04-28-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 05:43 AM   #12
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

This makes little sense to me. So if I don't preorder from Gamestop, I essentially don't get the Pro Bowl teams which have been in every Madden game as long as I can remember.

And Amazon gives me 2 different teams, rookies and sophmores, plus $20. Yeah, really a no brainer to go with Amazon.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 04-28-2011, 05:50 AM   #13
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I don't think the Pro-Bowl/All-Star teams have been in the game since last gen, and even then they were madden cards.

As long as they are not charging for them.

Also, unless they are wearing their team helmets, like in real life, who cares? There was only a short time on last generation when the pro-bowl team wore their team helmets. I want to say it was Madden 04 through at least 07 on last gen, but never this generation.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:51 AM   #14
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I don't think the Pro-Bowl/All-Star teams have been in the game since last gen, and even then they were madden cards.

As long as they are not charging for them.

Also, unless they are wearing their team helmets, like in real life, who cares? There was only a short time on last generation when the pro-bowl team wore their team helmets. I want to say it was Madden 04 through at least 07 on last gen, but never this generation.
Shows how often I ever used them or cared. LOL

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 04-28-2011, 07:12 AM   #15
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22
Eh...I dont use all-star teams, heck i dont even play the pro bowl games but that amazon had me thinking lol and not because of the rookie/sophmore promo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 07:23 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5
im gonna need more than this to get excited. im going to get the game, because its what i do, but not exciting me leaves it open for another football title to take the reigns if and when one ever appears that can seriously challenge. AP2K8 played a great single game but not a full package

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »