Home

Madden NFL 12 Blog - First Look at Presentation

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Blog - First Look at Presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2011, 09:24 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 12 Blog - First Look at Presentation

EA Sports' Game Changer Jake Stein adds his impressions on presentation from his recent time with Madden NFL 12.

Quote:
"It's an October Sunday in sunny Tampa, Florida. But this is no ordinary Sunday, it's game day! The clock strikes one o'clock and without warning, you hear the canons being fired from the pirate ship. That can only mean one thing. It's time for the Bucs to hit the field.

Two rows of cheerleaders form a lane and led by Captain Fear and a group of flag runners, Tampa Bay storms the field. The player introductions conclude with the face of the franchise as the PA announcer says: "Your quarterback, from Kansas State, number five, Josh Freeman!"

The crowd erupts as one final canon shot booms throughout the stadium. Raymond James Stadium has never felt so alive. The 'Madden' franchise has never felt this alive."

Source- First Look: Madden NFL 12 Presentation
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 12 Blog - Presentation

sounds fantastic, and as they really have paid attention to the tiniest details.

Quote:
Madden NFL 12 also brings you a customized EA SPORTS television broadcast style. What I mean by that, is that banners, overlays, and stats are presented very similarly to what you'd expect to see on a true television broadcast, but EA SPORTS has tweaked that and made it something very original. Along with that TV broadcast style, comes specific camera angles that you might recognize. Kickoffs, field goals, and a few other areas of the game all use the same camera angles that you would see on game day.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I dont mean to complain at our first real info of the year but... that was a really short blog compared to what we have been getting in the past few years. They mention overlays and stats... show us a screenshot of some of those.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcardinal32
I dont mean to complain at our first real info of the year but... that was a really short blog compared to what we have been getting in the past few years. They mention overlays and stats... show us a screenshot of some of those.
Agreed.

Both blogs were extremely weak and vague.

Nothing about halftime shows or improved commentary. Thats saddening.

The franchise blog better be better than this crap.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:37 AM   #5
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Madden NFL 12 also brings you a customized EA SPORTS television broadcast style. What I mean by that, is that banners, overlays, and stats are presented very similarly to what you'd expect to see on a true television broadcast, but EA SPORTS has tweaked that and made it something very original. Along with that TV broadcast style, comes specific camera angles that you might recognize. Kickoffs, field goals, and a few other areas of the game all use the same camera angles that you would see on game day.
This is what I've been waiting to hear. The story will be told when unedited gameplay vids release. Still, it's good to hear Jake touch on this.

Adding their own originality doesn't scare me as long as it resembles something from TV. They're not doing CBS, FOX, or NFL Network presentation; I expect some originality to it as long as it still fits within broadcast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 09:38 AM   #6
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

This was posted yesterday and it give a bunch more detail than today's blogs about presentation

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/ma...hical-upgrades
Old 04-28-2011, 09:38 AM   #7
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcardinal32
Yeah, I'm hoping something more in-depth comes along later today (like NCAA did last week).
Old 04-28-2011, 09:40 AM   #8
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

EA we've already had stat overlays and blimp views of the stadium as well as the "TV broadcast style".

Where are the pre-game/halftime/post-game shows that we've been asking for years now?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »