Home

Madden NFL 12 Press Release - Peyton Hillis and New Features (Expanded Rosters)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Press Release - Peyton Hillis and New Features (Expanded Rosters) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2011, 11:35 AM   #17
MVP

chicubsfan20's Arena

OVR: 13
Wow. Expanded rosters finally! That means the IR (hopefully) will work correctly.
Maybe this will be the year. Hopefully the glitches/bugs wont be all serious so people can't say the game sucks.
There's always gonna glitches or bugs but I have faith none will be game killers.
Thanks EA.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 04-28-2011, 11:37 AM   #18
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 12 Blog - Peyton Hillis is on the Cover and New Features are Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I've been blown away by the Madden info today! Still want to see some more gameplay vids, but everything has been music to my ears.
Word! It's like they "found" all of our wishlist under an old stack of papers or something. I haven't been this happy to read Madden info in... ever.

Some vids would be nice. I almost can't believe some of this.

Quote:
Advanced Defensive AI: Over 100 defensive A.I. enhancements resulting in the smartest Madden defense ever. Players in zone and man coverage will properly recognize and react to plays, including the ability to break out of assignments when appropriate, resulting in a defensive team that truly works together.
100 AI enhancements? I wonder how they cound these. Improved zone, man, reaction to double moves, shading DBs separately, pressing DBs separately...

I hope bringing the SS in the box has it's own control.

Finally, some defense!

Quote:
Franchise and Superstar Modes

Franchise mode includes more than 100 new features and enhancements, including expanded rosters, an all-new rookie scouting system, a free-agent bidding system, and more.
With the info being released, this might be the 1st year since... damn, 2005 that I played a franchise in Madden. And I'm a franchise guy, but I just haven't liked the game enough recently to play one.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:40 AM   #19
MVP

Blitz1942's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 12 Press Release - Peyton Hillis and New Features (Expanded Rosters)

This likely just became a day 1 buy for me. Maybe even worthy preordering.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:40 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 9
wow, so far
Old 04-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #21
Rookie

Icarus2k9's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 12 Blog - Peyton Hillis is on the Cover and New Features are Here!

Wow. Wow wow wow.

The thing that actually excites me is that the amount of information that came out today, if NOTHING else was improved about the game, is enough to make me give this game a shot.

Also, it feels as if the new three-year plan for Madden is kicking in already, not just "this year will be nothing special because of the switch mid-season to a new approach" - it's actually happening now.

It feels weird that we've been told for a long time that Pro-tak was the way to do tackles, or that the ball couldn't be scaled down, or the expanded rosters were too hard, or the shading defenders wasn't a realistic move, and so on and so forth....and now we're getting it all?

I genuinely have to calm down over this because it's just a game after all, and the Madden hype train is in full effect....but holy hell. Just looking at the words "100 improvements to franchise mode" - we had 85 new features TOTAL not too far back.

EA, keep doing this every year please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 11:42 AM   #22
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Forgot to mention....CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Friggin awesome.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-28-2011, 11:46 AM   #23
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 12 Press Release - Peyton Hillis and New Features (Expanded Rosters)

Wow, the info is really exceeding my expectations. Need to see some gameplay vids to believe it all.

This was the year they told us to watch out for franchise improvements. "100 new features and enhancements, including expanded rosters, an all-new rookie scouting system, a free-agent bidding system" sounds a bit like HC 09.
Can't wait till May 16th

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 04-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 15

It mentions "ball physics"! To some this may seem like a meaningless feature but I have wanted this in forever now. I hate when the ball is dropped or bounces and it spins all over the place and looks like a magnet. Or when the ball is fumbled it is just dropped to the ground like its full of lead.

I want to hear, "and see", more about this....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »