Home

Madden NFL 12 Goes Back To The Future, 100+ Improvements (GI)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Goes Back To The Future, 100+ Improvements (GI) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Madden NFL 12 Goes Back To The Future, 100+ Improvements (GI)

Game Informer has posted a blog discussing some of the features from legacy generation Madden games finding their way into Madden NFL 12 for the first time on the XBOX 360/PS3.

Quote:
"For years Madden fans have been screaming for changes to some of the series' legacy problems from past iterations. Last year compounded the problem with the lack of progress for the infamous Franchise mode. Still, Madden developers EA Tiburon moved the ball forward with a revamped playcalling system and other improvements. It may not have been exactly what fans were asking for, but it was progress nonetheless. This year the developer is adding to the game on two fronts by simultaneously trying to address the past as well as evolve the series.

First off, EA Tiburon has assured me that there are big changes and/or improvements in store for the Franchise mode – they're just not talking about it in depth at this point in time. At the moment, EA Tiburon is promising "more than 100 new features and enhancements," according to a press release – including expanded rosters (sounds like practice squads!), player progression throughout the season, and a new rookie scouting system. It also sounds like some of the features appear to be taken from the defunct Head Coach game. This includes a free agent bidding system. The developer is also promising a new progression system for your player in Superstar mode."
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #2
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 12 - Preview (Gameinformer)

"Madden NFL 12 isn't just about cleaning up old problems, however, as the presentation package is being significantly beefed up. The team at EA Tiburon is using extensive broadcast TV reference info to make what you see in the game more like what you see on TV. This includes everything from NFL Films-like Steadicam footage for pre-game tunnel entrances (every team will have their own custom entrance) to faux-commercial cuts that feature blimp cams and score info wipes."

This has some potential ...
Old 04-28-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 12 Goes Back To The Future, 100+ Improvements To Franchise (GI)

Progression during the season and the other stuff sound fantastic. Oh man they offcially got me hyped again. My hypemeter seriously went from a 0 to an 8 or 9. With NCAA 12 this could be a great year for football gaming.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
Pro

kc10785's Arena

OVR: 6
THE MADDEN HYPE TRAIN IS IN FULL EFFECT

usually im not geek up about madden at this time only when it's a week or 2 before the game is release because im so use to them promoting some BS new feature gimmick. Call me a sucker now because im falling for the hype now. All the additions they have been talking about has been great news I been waiting since PS2 and xbox days.

With all the great news that has been relase today there is still a couple of things that scare me

1.Custom Playbooks - We been asking for it for a while but if all these defensive upgrades don't play out like they say it's supose to we are going to have a bunch of people with playbooks full of youtube money plays

2. Now that the collision has been fix for oline and Dline play I hope they took time out to address Oline awareness so some of this unblockable blitz plays be pick up at least in max protection

3. Hope they address the jump ball situations because last year in madden if i had a WR that over 6 foot 2 I will get 85% of the jump balls

Can't wait to see these new feature in full effect because EA is know to tell you everything you want to hear this time of the year. LET'S PRAY THIS IS THE START OF SOMETHING NEW
Old 04-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #5
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Pretty much franchise mode is going to make or break whether i buy this game. All the other stuff sounds great and looks great but NCAA will have it as well and NCAA gets more of my attention partly because i prefer college football over pro football because of many reasons and partly because their dynasty mode is so much better than Madden's franchise mode. So in order for them to get me back to buying Madden they need to really sell me on franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 12:23 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 28

I just hope they are not making the same mistake of not sharing the code for the franchise modes. Online and offline should be exactly the same. Those of us who are sim league players want all of that same thing.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #7
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

From Looman's Twitter (just to temper expectations a bit):

Quote:
Just to clear up some of the announcements about franchise features...we did not add 100 features to the mode.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #8
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown
From Looman's Twitter (just to temper expectations a bit):
boo...

10 char

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »