Home

Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview

Ed. Note -- This preview will solely focus on presentation. That does not mean I did not play the game already, but because my initial hands-on time was so brief I feel it would not be worthy of speaking about here -- I would more or less be listing off bullet points straight from EA rather than giving you guys actual gameplay impressions. I believe I will be playing the game in a deeper fashion in the very near future, so expect gameplay impressions from OS by next week.

Madden NFL Football has struggled mightily over the years to find a solid presentation foundation. Over the years the presentation elements have been lacking, aimless or just plain bad. And, to some extent, that’s not surprising. EA had the impossible task of trying to live up to ESPN NFL 2K5 in the presentation department -- a game that was at one time the gold standard for the entire sports gaming industry. On top of that, the Madden developers refused to just go the route of mimicking an ESPN-style broadcast after they acquired the ESPN license, which would have been a commendable creative decision had they actually created presentation elements that were lauded.

Nevertheless, here we are now, and all we have seen during this console generation is bland, repetitive, aimless or just plain bad presentation in our NFL football game. However, it seems like EA is finally putting in the time and effort -- and money -- to create an experience that you will want to be a part of, not just because you want to control your favorite team or player, but because you want to be a part of a football experience.

Read More - Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview

Hell yes. Bravo! Great write-up!!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Disappointed they scrapped the Extra Point and half time shows, but they were terrible Maybe they are going to surprise us with new, improved shows under different names.

One thing I hope is that when I play the Eagles and Billy Budgenson the rookie from Colorado in 2019 is the QB, he doesn't run out in the pregame in the same exact fashion as Vick.

― Plato
Old 04-28-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
I hope the duo-commentary works this year, and that they actually discuss topics together instead of being on different topics in every game. Im ready for this game to be released already.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #5
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Hey all, just an update that I played essentially three full quarters of a game today while at a Madden event in NY. So I should have some relatively fleshed out gameplay impressions in the near future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #6
Rookie

chen_sc's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Hey all, just an update that I played essentially three full quarters of a game today while at a Madden event in NY. So I should have some relatively fleshed out gameplay impressions in the near future.
chase are you gonna answer some questions like you did with ncaa 12?
Old 04-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #7
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

This sounds really exciting, though considering the huge amounts of improvements, I didn't get the sense that Chase was really excited about the presentation. It felt more like he was telling us what was changed, rather than giving us his impression of it.

Which is fine, but I'm just wondering if there's a reason for that? Were you impressed with what you saw, especially compared to other games like NBA 2K and The Show regarding strictly presentation?
Old 04-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #8
Banned

RememberMe12's Arena

OVR: 3

Wow, I am definitely interested now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »