Home

Madden NFL 12 Goes Back To The Future, 100+ Improvements (GI)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Goes Back To The Future, 100+ Improvements (GI) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #9
Pro

kc10785's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I just hope they are not making the same mistake of not sharing the code for the franchise modes. Online and offline should be exactly the same. Those of us who are sim league players want all of that same thing.
Agree 100% I don't play the offline franchises because one you figure out how to beat the CPU it's not fun anymore in past Maddens. I am in 2 money online leagues which have rules but if everything the offline franchise mode it will sort out the good GM's from bad GM's. People would think twice about trading for big time players and draft picks if your close to your salary cap limit. Franchise mode shouldn't be just not about the action that take's place on the field it needs to be about running your team making good GM moves
Old 04-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 12 Goes Back To The Future, 100+ Improvements To Franchise (GI)

off the hook!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #11
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown
From Looman's Twitter (just to temper expectations a bit):
I think it's just semantics. The article up top said 100 new features and improvements, which I believe is what he's making sure people understand, and his sentence doesn't give me any reason to believe that the bug fixes and features don't add up to 100 or more. Probably more bug fixes than new features, though.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #12
Pro

kc10785's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Pretty much franchise mode is going to make or break whether i buy this game. All the other stuff sounds great and looks great but NCAA will have it as well and NCAA gets more of my attention partly because i prefer college football over pro football because of many reasons and partly because their dynasty mode is so much better than Madden's franchise mode. So in order for them to get me back to buying Madden they need to really sell me on franchise mode.
**sorry typos in the first post**

Agree 100% I don't play the offline franchises because one you figure out how to beat the CPU it's not fun anymore in past Maddens. I am in 2 money online leagues which have rules but if everything is in the online franchise like the offline franchise mode it will sort out the good GM's from bad GM's. People would think twice about trading for big time players and draft picks if your close to your salary cap limit. Franchise mode shouldn't be just about the action that take's place on the field it needs to be about running your team making good GM moves
Old 04-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1

Im very excited about this...I just love franchise mode...it actually the only mode I play!!! so I CANT WAIT!! to see what they implemented.

I also hope they finally let us put in custom music like NCAA Football has had (for the past 2 years). We been waiting for this feature since 2005 (2k5).
Old 04-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #14
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
all i play is offline dynasty/franchise. I'm not a fan of online stuff because i like to be able to play on my own time. Sometimes i'll go a few days without playing the game, sometimes weeks, so i prefer being able to do things on my own time. Plus i like to control multiple teams and play as many games as possible.

So they better not just give online franchise the attention. For me its all about offline franchise.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:52 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
all i play is offline dynasty/franchise. I'm not a fan of online stuff because i like to be able to play on my own time. Sometimes i'll go a few days without playing the game, sometimes weeks, so i prefer being able to do things on my own time. Plus i like to control multiple teams and play as many games as possible.

So they better not just give online franchise the attention. For me its all about offline franchise.
I'm sure any franchise additions would always be put into offline franchise, then online franchise. Even though EA, and games in general, are obsessed with online content lately, I believe they still know most people love to control their favorite teams in an offline franchise.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #16
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I purposely kept my expectations very low. But wow it's only day one of the pre-season hype and I am taking this stuff hook line and sinker.

Of course May 16th is a huge day for most of us here at OS. It really is all about franchise mode. If they truly revamped a lot of it, added new logic and features, made the draft cooler and have a true free agent bidding system like Head Coach 2009....day one buy along with NCAA 2012. I was thinking NCAA 2011 will do just fine for me but the new tackling and defensive AI improvements are getting me amped up!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »