Home

Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview

Chase, next time you play please pay attention to the "stadium atmosphere." What I mean by this is are the crowds finally dynamic? Are there ebs and swells in the crowd that sound like a real NFL stadium? Do they react to appropriate situations on the field?

I personally feel one of the bigger dissapointments as far as presentation goes in recent Madden's has been the crowd noise. It almost puts you to sleep with the same repetitive crowd sound cycling over and over....
Old 04-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 23
The additions look nice. Great visuals.

I agree with NAB that they might have focused on a few things that most people wont notice, but, I can't fault them for trying.

One thing that I hope they add in the future, is a halftime show and postgame "player of the game" clip like they have in NBA 2k11. Those are pretty slick in that game. I like how it has a little commercial talking about some other upcoming games around the league between quarters as well.

Along those same lines, it would be nice to see a "today" feature like NBA 2k11, where the commentary and everything changes based on what game your playing. For example I played a game on Easter, and it said, "welcome to this specail easter sunday matchup between..." just little things like that really add to the presentation of the game imo.

But, again, I'm excited about the things I'm seeing a reading so far. Lets just hope everything "works" as well as they look in the screenshots...
Old 04-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 5
*Full disclosure: EA paid for my airfare during my trip to see the game. While it did not influence what I wrote here, OS believes transparency is still key whenever possible.*

LOL!
Old 04-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
I think "most people" are the casuals who just buy the game to play Madden. I have a feeling these little presentations enhancements may have the feel of The Show. Where its just the little things here and there that make you think, damn that's just like when I watch it on tv. I think OSer's will notice them.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #21
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Great write-up Chase as usual. Very informative and exciting stuff! Thank you for doing this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #22
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
It sounds to me that it was removed completely.
Not sure if anything has been said about end-of-game stuff changing; it has been specifically stated that the Extra Point halftime show has been removed.

Which, frankly, it was rather poorly-done in retrospect, so if they take a year off from that to go back to the drawing board I don't blame them.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Chase, next time you play please pay attention to the "stadium atmosphere." What I mean by this is are the crowds finally dynamic? Are there ebs and swells in the crowd that sound like a real NFL stadium? Do they react to appropriate situations on the field?

I personally feel one of the bigger dissapointments as far as presentation goes in recent Madden's has been the crowd noise. It almost puts you to sleep with the same repetitive crowd sound cycling over and over....
i second that
Old 04-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1
I know you said you werent covering game play but can you just give us a thumbs up or thumbs down at least?......the anticipation is killing me!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »