Home

FIFA 12 Impact Engine is the Biggest Change Since Rebuilding For Next Gen Systems

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Impact Engine is the Biggest Change Since Rebuilding For Next Gen Systems within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 12 Impact Engine is the Biggest Change Since Rebuilding For Next Gen Systems

OXM has posted some FIFA 12 details on their new impact engine.

Quote:
"Impact Engine swaps out the canned collision animations and injury calculations of older games for a true-blue physics system that dramatically enhances the realism of play.

It solves a lot of problems for us this year, it gives us better accuracy, better momentum, more realistic outcomes, solving a lot of situations that we just tried not to get into before," he went on.

One of the areas the Impact Engine affects is tackling. If a tackling party clips your trailing leg, you should have the momentum and balance to keep your feet - but if that player connects with your front peg, you'll go down like a sack of potatoes."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 12's Impact Engine is "biggest change" to franchise since FIFA 07

This is great news to hear.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
As usual FIFA team is the leader of EA sports. 2 years down the line, Madden and NCAA will get it to the same level as FIFA. History repeats itself.

FIFA always come out with something 1st, then the other sports game follow suit a year or 2 later.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:15 PM   #4
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Sounds good. Now let me see it.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:44 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: FIFA 12 Impact Engine is the Biggest Change Since Rebuilding For Next Gen Systems

Oh boy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 12:22 AM   #6
Rookie

FroznYogurt's Arena

OVR: 24
I not too much of a fan of soccer, but I may but Fifa this year because I hear the game is elite.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:37 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
As usual FIFA team is the leader of EA sports. 2 years down the line, Madden and NCAA will get it to the same level as FIFA. History repeats itself.

FIFA always come out with something 1st, then the other sports game follow suit a year or 2 later.
I'll be surprised if Madden and NCAA Football get to this point by the end of the generation.

The focus on physics is why FIFA and NHL are EA's two best sports franchises and Madden and NCAA are lagging way behind.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:56 AM   #8
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

i was just thinking about if there was a football game that moved, looked and played like Fifa it'd be amazing. The way the players move in Fifa is so lifelike, the broadcast camera (and different options) being so far and like it is on tv looks more lifelife than the behind the offense camera and the way they play is just amazing. I didn't buy Fifa 11, even though i loved the demo, because i loved Fifa World Cup so much. I just started playing Fifa WC again and also the Fifa 11 demo and i don't think i can wait for Fifa 12, i'm prob picking up Fifa 11 tomorrow. They just really have done an amazing job transitioning to Next Gen and giving such an authentic game that is true to the sport.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »