Home

Translating the Best Japanese Baseball Games into English (Pro Yakyuu Spirits Series)

This is a discussion on Translating the Best Japanese Baseball Games into English (Pro Yakyuu Spirits Series) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2011, 11:56 PM   #9
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Translating the Best Japanese Baseball Games into English (Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ser

IMO this is the best baseball game out there. It is amazing!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 12:09 AM   #10
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyphre

Sad, cause I really liked to play it over xbox live.....on the PS3 (for whatever reason) Konami shuts down online play for previous year games once the new one releases.
Yeah, never quite understood Konami's decision there. They are definitely different when it comes to online play (darn Konami ID's LOL)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 05-05-2011, 12:22 AM   #11
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15
MLB The Show could stand to use a few ideas from this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 01:03 AM   #12
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
itd be interesting to see the Show with the bat cursor, physics this game has, camera staying on the batter after the swing, more unique stats and attributes, AI that will consider who is batting and who is on deck. The Show has some of those things but i hear this game does them better. That being said, i'd still take The Show over this because its in American, its the MLB which is what i care about playing, and because it does play just as good as this game appears to.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:19 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Translating the Best Japanese Baseball Games into English (Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ser

I just love how the cursor changes size depending on the count in your AB. I also really like the "special skills" in the game that can make your player better or worse depending on the situation!
Old 05-05-2011, 02:18 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

In a perfect world, 2KSports would work with Konami and localized Pro Yakyu Spirits with a MLB license AND WITHOUT MESSING WITH THE GAMEPLAY (honestly, do you trust 2K?) but in the real world I guess they are too busy working on Nickolodeon Baseball for that
Old 05-05-2011, 06:14 AM   #15
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukaMuka
In a perfect world, 2KSports would work with Konami and localized Pro Yakyu Spirits with a MLB license AND WITHOUT MESSING WITH THE GAMEPLAY (honestly, do you trust 2K?) but in the real world I guess they are too busy working on Nickolodeon Baseball for that
Yep, all 2K would have to do is send a few guys to Japan to oversee everything and let the Japanese devs take care of the rest. Wouldn't it be so much cheaper to collaborate with them - and have a better product to boot?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 10:10 AM   #16
Rookie

gigadkc's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Glock
IMO this is the best baseball game out there. It is amazing!!!
absolutely. I'm a huge fan of The Show but PYS still has a more realistic feeling. I just hope that Konami gets an MLB license one day. Best thing about this game? It never needs a patch, perfect out of the box.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »