Home

iOOTP Baseball 2011 Available Now, $4.99 in the App Store

This is a discussion on iOOTP Baseball 2011 Available Now, $4.99 in the App Store within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2011, 12:28 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
iOOTP Baseball 2011 Available Now, $4.99 in the App Store

Check out some more screenshots, right here.

Out of the Park Developments is proud to announce the release of iOOTP Baseball 2011, an exciting new iOS game for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad that puts players in control of a major league baseball team. It's driven by OOTP's Out of the Park Baseball engine, which has provided stunningly realistic baseball simulations on PC, Mac, and Linux for over a decade. In addition, it's the only game of its kind currently available at the App Store.

Touch Arcade had this to say about iOOTP in a preview: "Simulation fans that dig the MLB really shouldn’t miss out on iOOTP — it’s a sharp game with a snappy and native-feeling interface, full of the kind of complexity you’d expect."

Available now at Apple's iOS App Store for just US$4.99, iOOTP Baseball 2011 offers many of the same features as its big brother, including:
  • Complete major league rosters with real players and teams. Will the San Francisco Giants, led by Tim "The Freak" Lincecum and a "Fear the Beard" cast, be able to defend their championship? Can Jayson Werth and Stephen Strasburg lift the Washington Nationals out of the basement? Will the Texas Rangers be able to prove their 2010 championship series berth wasn't a fluke, despite Cliff Lee's departure? Can the Philadelphia Phillies' "Fab Four" starting pitchers lead them to the playoffs again?
  • Three game modes: Major Leagues, which lets players guide their favorite major league team through the 2011 season and beyond; Fictional, which serves up a fresh world full of fictional players, providing a unique challenge each time; and Historical, which offers three exciting past seasons to recreate -- 1923, 1965, and 2004 -- with the opportunity to buy more in-game via a future update.
  • Managerial options that enable players to set lineups, pitching rotations, and depth charts before taking the field to make in-game calls, including when to issue hit-and-run and steal signs, how to configure the defense, when to pull pitchers and put in pinch-hitters, and more. Players can also let the computer handle those decisions and set a series of sliders that dictate overall strategies, such as aggressiveness on the base paths, how often to pitch around batters, and more. They can simulate their season a day or a week at a time, jumping back in to manage games whenever they want.
  • A play-by-play text stream that describes what's happening on the field during the game, making it feel like a radio broadcast.
  • An in-depth financial system that allows players to unleash their inner GM. Are they "Moneyball" disciples, looking for undervalued players who help the team win while keeping payroll low, or are they free-wheeling spenders seeking high-profile free agents? Players oversee trades, negotiate contract extensions, sign free agents, draft players, cultivate minor league prospects, move players between the active roster, minor league roster and disabled list, and more.
"iOOTP Baseball 2011 is perfect for baseball lovers who want to get in a few simulated games on the go," said lead developer and lifelong baseball fan Markus Heinsohn. "No matter where you are, you can pull out your iOS device and enjoy some baseball action. You could even simulate a real game while sitting in the stands. Maybe you could give the team's manager a few tips."

iOOTP Baseball 2011 is available now in Apple's iOS App Store for $4.99. It requires an iPhone 3GS, a third-generation iPod touch, or a first-generation iPad or better. It will run on an iPhone 3G or a second-generation iPod touch, but the experience won't be optimal.

OOTP Developments is also close to shipping Out of the Park Baseball 12, which runs on PC, Mac, and Linux. OOTP 12 is available now for pre-order for $29.99 and will be $39.99 when it's released. Pre-orders and further information can be found at http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/ootp12/. OOTP 12 is expected to be available at Apple's recently-launched Mac App Store, among other outlets.

About Out of the Park Developments

Out of the Park Developments is the developer of the award-winning OOTP series of baseball management simulations, Title Bout Championship Boxing, and Inside the Park Baseball, a role-playing game. German-based OOTP Developments was founded by Markus Heinsohn and Andreas Raht in 1999 and employs two people full-time and three part-time. OOTP Developments has consistently produced games that have met with critical acclaim, including winning Metacritic's coveted "Game of the Year" for the 2007 edition of OOTP. Further information on the company and its games is available from the OOTP Developments website, http://www.ootpdevelopments.com

Platform: iPhone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 01:17 AM   #2
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
It's available now.
How is it Dookie?

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 05-05-2011, 01:52 AM   #3
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: iOOTP in the App Store on 5/5

Waiting Patiently for Impressions, even though I'll probably just impulse buy it now before any are posted.

Twitch Stream
Old 05-05-2011, 02:10 AM   #4
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

Man I shouldn't have read that FAQ post that Dookie put up. Now I want it. I know I read it but how are they allowed to use real players and real teams.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 05-05-2011, 02:22 AM   #5
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

I hate to post twice in a row but I can't edit on my phone. But I broke down and just bought it all reviews carried 5 stars. Now a question I downloaded in my iPhone can I now put this on my iPod touch some how. And does anyone known if this will slow down my 16gb iPhone?

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 02:43 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I hate to post twice in a row but I can't edit on my phone. But I broke down and just bought it all reviews carried 5 stars. Now a question I downloaded in my iPhone can I now put this on my iPod touch some how. And does anyone known if this will slow down my 16gb iPhone?
Should run fine. What version of iPhone do you have?

BTW it's very simple to add the official MLB logos. Took me 10 minutes.

Game is awesome. I should have been asleep almost 2 hours ago. Little one will be awake again soon.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:10 AM   #7
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

Quote:

Game is awesome. I should have been asleep almost 2 hours ago. Little one will be awake again soon.

Ah your off for two week Dookie have fun while you can before the little one is waking you up 3 times a night before work.

I have the iPhone 4 seems to run well on it and wow did it download fast. Great game will definitely kill sometime when I'm slow at work.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 05-05-2011, 04:23 AM   #8
Pro

TheRock88's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: iOOTP in the App Store on 5/5

Quote:

How were you able to add in the logos?

Just downloaded it but its pretty late so gonna play it tomorrow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »