Home

Translating the Best Japanese Baseball Games into English (Pro Yakyuu Spirits Series)

This is a discussion on Translating the Best Japanese Baseball Games into English (Pro Yakyuu Spirits Series) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #17
Rookie

Cyphre's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Translating the Best Japanese Baseball Games into English (Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigadkc
absolutely. I'm a huge fan of The Show but PYS still has a more realistic feeling. I just hope that Konami gets an MLB license one day. Best thing about this game? It never needs a patch, perfect out of the box.
I agree....the second best thing is the physics and realistic "balancing" of teams......it will be harder to win with the BayStars than any other team because they are the worst team in all of NPB....BUT I STILL LOVE THEM!!!!!

This game never feels repetitive, never gets boring and definitely never has a consistant super AI comeback that makes other games feel cheap and unrealistic....(no bottom of the 9th, 2 out, 13 run rallies here).

Only thing I would like Konami to implement is check swing......and maybe the option to warm up bullpen pitchers before they enter game.....other than that I wouldn't change a thing.

One thing I can't stand from MLB the show is when the opposing team gets a hit to the outfield and you bring the ball back it to first base your defender never goes to cover the bag....he always remains in the initial defensive stance....as Napoleon Dynamite would say......"IDIOT"

But the show is a very good game overall.....not quite as good as PYS....but very good nonetheless.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #18
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Translating the Best Japanese Baseball Games into English (Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ser

Yes the physics, balancing of teams, and the game being perfect out of the box makes it the best baseball game.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 28
The game looks like The Show but The Show has better animations. I like some of the ideas however I am not a fan of the batting cursor.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:26 PM   #20
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

A couple more videos that have been posted...

This one shows the difference between making contact inside & outside of the sweet spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ncLJbhSOpc

Field Play tutorial: Pick one player and bat, play in the field and run the bases with him. This mode jams!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYOZDXjqz20

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »