Home

Madden NFL 12 Concussions Rare, No Defensive Suspensions, Not Based on Hit Stick

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Concussions Rare, No Defensive Suspensions, Not Based on Hit Stick within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2011, 09:37 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 12 Concussions Rare, No Defensive Suspensions, Not Based on Hit Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
There's an aggression rating for each player right? If not there should be because it would be nice to see a player with a high aggression rating sometimes go for helmet to helmet hits or do some other lethal hits and get penalized for it.

Then maybe have the league fine the player the following week for the hit. Would just be more realism for the game. People will probably disagree though.
I don't disagree, just wouldn't add that much to the game for me. Although the idea of players being suspended for policy violations (substance abuse, dwi etc.) would be intriguing. Imagine losing your QB the day before the superbowl because he tested positive for a banned substance? Ah, on second thought, never mind.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 05-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #10
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 12 Concussions Rare, No Defensive Suspensions, Not Based on Hit Stick

For some wierd reason I think suspensions would of been cool. Glad to see the user has no control of it. That would of been stupid and I think most helmet to helmet contact is accidental anyhow.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
I like this addition....definitely moving towards a more realistic aspect. Good thing that concussions aren't triggered by the user! Folks would be filling up the IR! But yea definite thumbs up for this addition!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #12
MVP

blklightning's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ven0m43
I just hate when i go through multiple season and everyone on my team is healthy. I hope they fix it so there are more injures and my team is not injury free season after season.
true. that's been the case since i began playing madden with madden '03. which is sad when you type it out loud.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #13
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

i am relieved to see him make note on the ratio of plays to concussions so it doesn't become the broken collarbone or M12.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:28 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 19
The part I don't like is that there is a forced limitation on the Tackling/Hit Stick.

That means that to avoid head-to-to head etc.., they've programmed the tackling to decide for us.
The question is when and what instance will the AI take over the tackling? And how often?

This is a Major problem because the history of EA's AI is not good.
Especially in their Football Series (NFL, College)

Skynet has killed their games, and just as they start to make strides, they program to limit the occurances.
This means that we can expect to see alot of force fields/warping to force this piece of code/animation to play.

Madden/NCAA has always been "TOO" restrictive as it is.
So if they have to program to take control from the gamer, I would rather they not inject it into the game at all.

Another forced gamer limitation with "Player Interaction" is not good no matter how they try and spin it.

Last edited by khaliib; 05-06-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
true. that's been the case since i began playing madden with madden '03. which is sad when you type it out loud.

You could fix this with sliders. I had to up mine from default to get realistic injuries. But QB's never get hurt for any period of time unless you sim the game.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #16
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ven0m43
I just hate when i go through multiple season and everyone on my team is healthy. I hope they fix it so there are more injures and my team is not injury free season after season.
Exactly. I don't understand why the game does not do I better job representing lingering injuries throughout the season, that a player can attempt to play through multiple games with. Even Tecmo Super Bowl had player conditions in the 90's. Also, add a multiple simultaneous injuries system, so players can have more than one injury at a time, each affecting their various ratings for varied lengths of time.

As for helmet to helmet hits, concussions and suspensions in general, this is where the Madden devs give up too easy, IMO. If they really wanted to add the risk/reward realism of "breaking NFL rules", I think they could come up with creative ways to represent it, that would be acceptable to the NFL.

Helmet to helmet hits are almost always unintentional so they could just have them happen randomly during routine tackles, with an increased chance of occurring when using the hit stick. The increased odds of helmet to helmet contact using the hit stick would factor in a players tackle rating. Random HTH contact should be a personal foul penalty but no suspension and little chance of injury. While hit stick HTH contact should be a personal foul, suspension, potential game ejection and increased risk of injury with the greatest risk of serious injury being to the defender. Natural way to deter users from "head hunting" on defense.

Of course Madden would and should never add substance abuse, dwi etc, directly to the Madden. However, they could add a general "undisclosed" label to explain why a player is "out" but not due to injury, for the game or multiple games. Undisclosed can be interpreted to mean anything. 1 game "out" for "undisclosed" reasons could be interpreted as a player-coach/player-player conflict while multiple games could be interpreted as league imposed for player conduct.

This label could have the biggest chance of occurring with star players, highly paid players and/or highly rated rookie players throughout the league. Once displayed for the first time, it could potentially become a recurring issue with a player and be displayed in their player history.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »