Home

Madden NFL 12 Videos - Virtual Playbook Gameplay and Presentation

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Videos - Virtual Playbook Gameplay and Presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #17
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden NFL 12 Virtual Playbook #1 & #2: Gameplay and Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Both videos looked awsome. I love the tackling and it looked good. I'm also loving the presentation camera angles aswell. It looks so real and all. But one thing that concerns me about the gameplay in video number 2. Is when Vick snaps the ball. The Giants DE are going to far out to the sides then coming back in and going after the QB. Why are the DE going out that far just to get to the QB. It seemed that both DEs was doing the same angles to get to the QB. Plus the DEs was not using no sort of swim move to try and free themselves from the tackles. Why didn't one of the DEs try going to the inside of the tackle with a swim move. Both DEs was mirror imaging each other when going out to the outside of the tackles to get to the QB. To me that is a concern there. I hope they have more animations then that for the DEs.
That has always been the problem in the past. Defensive linemen mirroring each other, doing the same move at the same time and taking the same angle at the same time.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:56 PM   #18
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

vids look really good.

Small details that finally get put in the game.

Sounds like we're finally getting the product that was displayed to us when the 360 first showed up.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 05-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
That right there says it all...

I'm really enjoying the marketing this year. It helps that the feature set is for the core gamer, but the teasers + a ton of info last week + these video nuggets has really built my anticipation for this game.
  • I have to say it has me excited as well. They are doing a good job of that this year. Hope they keep it up.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:05 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

double team pass blocking @ 8:19. in the presentation video
Old 05-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #21
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Solid videos. Remember the days of the running on the green screen to show the new running features. This way is so much clearer.

I wished they would of touched on the stat banners (like the vick one) in the 2nd video. But besides that they were very informative
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2011, 10:25 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Both videos looked awsome. I love the tackling and it looked good. I'm also loving the presentation camera angles aswell. It looks so real and all. But one thing that concerns me about the gameplay in video number 2. Is when Vick snaps the ball. The Giants DE are going to far out to the sides then coming back in and going after the QB. Why are the DE going out that far just to get to the QB. It seemed that both DEs was doing the same angles to get to the QB. Plus the DEs was not using no sort of swim move to try and free themselves from the tackles. Why didn't one of the DEs try going to the inside of the tackle with a swim move. Both DEs was mirror imaging each other when going out to the outside of the tackles to get to the QB. To me that is a concern there. I hope they have more animations then that for the DEs.
I noticed the same thing. Maybe they hot routed both of the ends to contain the quarterback so Vick could just stand there untouched?

Either way, I'm very encouraged by everything so far. It's not going to be perfect, but at least they're finally listening and finally trying. Can't wait for the Franchise/Superstar info!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:29 PM   #23
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

The Eagles shots looked really good. Especially on the Vick roll out play. Very good looking.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-06-2011, 10:29 PM   #24
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't remember them ever putting this much close up slow mo into showing changes to the game before, coupled with deep description of the limitations of past editions. That they are targeting, very specifically, areas of key Madden community complaint is a good sign.

Just that approach feels to me like they're getting people's hopes up in a way that, paradoxically, may be raising the expectations for franchise improvements, set to announce on May 16, even higher.

I'm an offline franchise guy, so on the one hand I see all this stuff and think, "Man, they must be going for it hard on franchise this year to match all the other stuff they're doing to bring back their core audience."

And then I think, "Whoa, so now I'm almost expecting them to address everything that needs to be done to make franchise mode sing. . . but what if they only get part of it done? Will I be disappointed because I got my hopes and expectations up?"

I think I may, even if maybe that's not fair. With all this work they're doing and promotion they're doing and good early buzz they're getting, if they don't totally freaking nail offline franchise, I'm gonna be pissed, especially after they totally ignored it last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »