Home

FIFA Soccer 12 First Details

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 12 First Details within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2011, 06:22 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
This all seems like good news. Each one individually may not solve everything, but together they could be brilliant. The contact system could see more fouls for the AI and players who seemingly just hold down the "A" button and make countless standing tackles, even if they go through the back of a players body. This would help when receiving the ball with your back to a defender, making the ball very hard to take. The new passing seems to take away more of the "ping-pong" that was still somewhat in FIFA11 because players wont be able to pass the ball as efficiently with one touch to space or players behind them. Lastly, the "more human" AI having players back off of attackers may allow users a bit more time to turn and make a decision than last year, and possibly even make the trick stick more useful. If running at a defender with pace in real life, he wouldn't just charge you and stick out a leg to tackle, he would back off and wait for you to put the ball in a place where he could poke it away or block you off, it seems like this may now be what happens against the CPU. All this combined may see a user be able to receive a pass and turn with enough time to pick out another pass, all while the defense is playing more positionally and not just sprinting at you to tackle it away.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #18
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: FIFA Soccer 12 First Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trustpt
'AI Vision Game' makes no sense to me. Both the virtual player's field of view and point of view are different than the ones of the human who is controlling them. For example, if your game camera is too tight you rely on the radar to make those 50 yarders like Gerrard. I wonder how much influence the discrepancy between different camera angles has.
Forgive me if I am wrong but I interpret that as the player has a vision cone so to speak although its invisible. attempting a pass blind to your player you are controlling will (and should) result in a big accuracy drop on the pass. So you may have to take an extra step to make sure you are looking toward the target you are passing to rather than just blindly pass to a guy you trust is there because you see him, but your character wouldnt be able to actually see on the pitch.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #19
Rookie

Same BS we hear every year and the real problems with the game are never addressed. They just at more "features" without improving the flaws.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #20
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

I would like a FIFA where the cpu players will actually score in a wide open net, instead of shooting it wide from within the 18 yard box with no goalie.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »