Home

FIFA 12 Impact Engine is the Biggest Change Since Rebuilding For Next Gen Systems

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Impact Engine is the Biggest Change Since Rebuilding For Next Gen Systems within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: FIFA 12 Impact Engine is the Biggest Change Since Rebuilding For Next Gen Systems

I don't really see how this is an improvement unless the referee is fixed. When a defender goes through my player from behind I don't care about the animation, in most situations that is a foul even if the defender makes no contact at all. To have defenders that can tackle from behind and get away with it 99% of the time, well that is just nonsense.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:08 PM   #18
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
so i picked up Fifa 11 and like someone in this thread said, the only real mode for offline players is tournament modes. But i'm still enjoying the heck out of the game.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:31 PM   #19
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: FIFA 12 Impact Engine is the Biggest Change Since Rebuilding For Next Gen Systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopp9987
This is great news because hopefully it will fix the tackling situation and add a lot of realism into the game.

This is terrible news because they're going to devote all their time to this and won't touch player progression or career mode.

Is it really that difficult to put a team on career mode to at least do SOMETHING to it? Taking out scouting players was a terrible decision because now the only way to improve your squad is by transfers, because LORD KNOWS player progression is a joke.

Get with it, EA.
That's an excellent point about scouting, and one I've harped on since day one. I have no idea if it was "realistic" to add players to your team that way, but boy was it FUN!

When FIFA 11 first came out, I hated it because of the tackling issue and all of the good stuff they gutted out of MM from FIFA 10. FIFA 10's career mode actually was a pretty good framework, it was just horribly glitch-ridden and it lacked any sort of polish or detail. FIFA 11's career mode is much better to look at, but you really are left pretty helpless trying to improve through transfers, and that player list sorting menu is a nightmare to navigate!

I did grow to like FIFA 11 over time (lots of improvements in the aerial game/overall polish), but the proposed changes to physics are pretty exciting. It's not a lot of to watch my players get absolutely murdered in a heap, and then wait as no call is made and the perpetrator comes and steals the ball from me. Also, don't think I've ever seen a red card called in possibly 100+ games.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:39 AM   #20
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah I've only seen red cards when the last man through on goal is tackled from behind. Its very, very rare.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #21
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

I'm concerned. It's great they have something to hype, but there are a large number of outstanding issues with this game which resulted in me not even buying it this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #22
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Something tells me the Impact engine is going to make a significant -- wait for it -- impact on how the FIFA series plays on the field.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:20 AM   #23
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Something tells me the Impact engine is going to make a significant -- wait for it -- impact on how the FIFA series plays on the field.
I'm not going to lie, it looks very good. I hate the impact collisions in the other game.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:25 PM   #24
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I'm not going to lie, it looks very good. I hate the impact collisions in the other game.
I think I'm going back to 360 for FIFA this year... let's get the band back together.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »