Home

OS Roundtable: What Does Franchise Mode Need?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: What Does Franchise Mode Need? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #9
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: OS Roundtable: What Does Franchise Mode Need?

So much needs to be changed it isn't even funny.
From the player progression crap to backups wanting a 6 year, $30 million dollar deal.
Get rid of the player potential stuff. How a player progresses should be determined by what they actually do on the field, and coaches. If I draft a running back in round 4, and he blows up in preseason and becomes my starter, and wins OROY, he should go up in ratings a good amount and it shouldn't be dictated by the fact he has an "A" rating for potential.

I felt free agency is lacking severely.

The draft process should include a breakdown of the stats of the player as well IMO which should hold some weight in the player's ratings.

Ability to trade future picks.
5 Heisman Trophy Winners
#1 in weeks ranked #1 in AP Poll
#1 in weeks ranked top 5 in AP Poll
#1 in wins/winning percentage since 1946
Oklahoma Sooners, Boomer Sooner!
Old 05-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #10
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9
As to what the mode needs? Look at that "Wishlist Forums"! Everyone has done a great job with there ideas & postings the workings of a Real NFL offseason!
Old 05-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #11
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

1. Open Head Coach '09
  2. Copy *.*
  3. Open Madden 12
  4. Paste *.*
I can't find too many reasons to not duplicate Head Coach '09's effort in introducing gamers to a more realistic and thorough approach to running an NFL franchise. Sure, it has its weaknesses, but was fun.

Less ambitiously, Franchise Mode should focus on, well, THE FRANCHISE, not just cheesing coverage exploits all game long. Money, ticket prices, free agency, player holdouts, draft day war room, stadium maintenance... Stuff like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #12
Rookie

tical2399's Arena

OVR: 3
Franchise needs the following:

Improved draft. There should be a presentation like the real thing. Get a voice actor to say "with the x pick in the x round the x team selects" if its a common first and last name have him say joe smith, RB, Florida State. If its a uncommon name have him say #31, RB Florida State. For the second round and on have another person say the rest.

Both consoles have HDD now, they should use em to expand the draft class data. There should be an option to import classes with highlights (NCAA would capture highlights from all simmed and played games) or just the players.

Team philosophies need to matter. If a team plays a tampa 2 and they go into the draft needing a CB they should skip the top rated CB who might fit a man scheme (poor tackler low zone coverage) and go for a lower rated CB who fits a zone scheme better.

Better logic for filling postions. Why are teams having like 6 OLBs all 80 or better but no LG on the team?

Like others have said, practice squads and a REAL IR situation. Also They said they they were doing undrafted free agent bidding so that taken care of.

FULL coaching staffs. Retired players being able to be hired as coaches. With this they need to make it that the type of player the new coach was is accurately represented. If I hire Brandon Jacobs as my RB coach he should not improve the juking and spin move of my backs.

This calls for increased NCAA/Madden integration. Draft class file sizes need to be doubled or even tripped. As it stands now a NCAA draft class is less than 500 KB, and you only have less than 10 undrafted rookies after the draft. In real life there are tons of undrafted rookies.

Have scouting for secondary positions. If I import a class and I want to scout a 6'2 260 pound college DE I should be able to scout him as a pro 4-3 DE or a 3-4 LB.

Let players be able to play secondary positions. Why not let me save a roster spot by letting my 5'11 200 pound 5th WR also double as my 3rd RB. So where it says position it would actually say WR/RB.

Fix that nonsense where a 235 pound LB goes from an 80 to a 86 at DT or 88 at DE

Let there be another position called Wildcat QB. In madden 11 I can put a few people back there but not my 3rd QB What I i run the wildcat and my starter and backups are pocket passers but a take a Pat White type soley to run the wildcat.

Got more but don't feel like typing anymore for now.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #13
Rookie

ThisIsReality's Arena

OVR: 4

Using the ESPN license to it's fullest.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:48 PM   #14
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

I agree with mostly what everyone else said (important off-season, real roster rules, practice squad, proper player roster sizes as well as cut down dates).

The draft class should be randomly generated or imported through NCAA. The excuse that pre-defined draft classes offer a better experience is weak. In my opinion, that is to cover-up the fact that their algorithm to generate realistic draft pools is flawed.

Also, combine numbers and college stats should also be included in prospects you are scouting.

For the super hardcore, as an option, the ability to have relative ratings all players based on your scouting dept. You should have scouts. Some scouts are better than others. You can hire better scouts. The ratings can be based on your scout's skill not a global rating.

Also, a la HC09, some players will have better ratings based on the team they play for and that teams style/scheme.

Retired players should also be able to become position coaches (if they were to have position coaches) that can move up the coaching ranks during the dynasty.

They need to keeps stats on everything:
1. All-time stats/records
2. Season stats/records
3. Milestone watch
4. Team stats season to season
5. Coaching W-L (if they have them as a separate entity)
6. Individual team records for game/season/career

Basically, more stats, more front office dealings, better off-season, more depth. A franchise is not successful just playing the game. Its preparing for it that is just as, if not more, important.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1
its not a complete overhaul but it is the interface needs to change, 08 had some nice features especially mini camp increasing player stats, hopefully practices help in that was well. And practice squad position battles and other players making the roster help in preseason preseasons a joke in madden atm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2011, 01:24 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1
I hope players that are rated in the 60-70 tating and they are WR and for some reason hes your #1 WR and he has a 1400 yard 13 TD season i hope they incrrase atlrast 20 rating points because one time i had a 74 rated WR and he had 1200 yards 9 TD in thr season and from a 74 he went to a 77 the next year when i think he would of gone to at leadt a 89!! Please fix player rating!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »