Home

Madden NFL 12 Franchise Mode Details, More Coming Monday (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Franchise Mode Details, More Coming Monday (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #9
Rookie

ThisIsReality's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 12 - Any Given Sunday In Franchise Mode

Hopefully these player roles are unlimited unlike the NBA 2k series. I don't want to roll with a 32-team franchise and I can't set player roles because one or two teams are incompetent enough to have limited player roles.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #10
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
Yeah, but the role can be changed from season to season. So if he didnt fumble that much he should get another role.
Except that if the effect is overdone it will create a snowball effect. For example, maybe a guy like Peterson fumbles in real life once every 63 touches (total touches/fumbles), but in Madden that number jumps to once every 31.5 touches (because his role is to be fumble-prone). Now you have a situation where he fumbles maybe once per game, furthering his fumble-prone status and lowering his fumble rating over the course of the next season. Now maybe he fumbles once every 25 touches. The next season then becomes worse, and so on.

If they implement this and it is as powerful as some of the other player enhancements they've done in the past, the cover-up button needs to be enough to limit fumbles, so that it's not just random dicerolls that have worse and worse odds as the user moves through franchise.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #11
Rookie

raggBAGG's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe

Looks like Madden has that portrait blending stuff from NFL 2K5 for Rookie portraits, maybe? I have no earthly idea who "Carter Wilson" and "Deangelo Washington" are, otherwise.
Looks like we aren't getting prospects walking up to the podium to shake Goodell's hand. Oh well, still looks pretty cool...

Does that mean if I draft Andrew Luck or LaMichael James (downloaded class) they may have a picture completely different that their appearence?!?!

Last edited by raggBAGG; 05-13-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

There you go. EA finally got me. I have to say that I'm PUMPED.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:16 PM   #13
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

I, for one, am glad player roles are back. I think it was a big part of what made last gen Madden franchise so fun, exciting, fresh and dynamic for multiple seasons. I too hope that certain roles aren't over-exaggerated so as to make players perform ridiculous things, but I don't think that will be the case. I'm very excited right now for this game.
Red Sox

Twitter: @mburke2_08
PSN: mburke2_08
Old 05-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #14
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Good stuff. Finally franchise gets some spice.

Are these the exact same player roles from the previous gen? I didn't spend much time in franchise on the PS2, but I remember reading countless threads on them and I seem to recall all of these roles. Regardless, I'm glad they're back.
A lot of them appear the same, but I think Playoff Performer is new.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #15
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm excited for the player roles and it looks like they'll have a dynamic effect on franchise mode, but looking at the screen shots draft presentation hasn't been improved and the new free agency bidding system has me worried that people who like to control all 32 teams won't be able to...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »