Home

Road to Glory - A Walk-On Who Made the Team Wants You to Know What It Really Means

This is a discussion on Road to Glory - A Walk-On Who Made the Team Wants You to Know What It Really Means within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #17
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Road to Glory - A Walk-On Who Made the Team Wants You to Know What It Really Mean

The one thing I want to see in BAP modes is for those games to be geared more around careers and less around individual seasons. In most of the BAP modes I play players progress to quickly.

Another thing you shouldn't progress so much physically. You should already have most of the physical tools progression should be more mental then physical. For instance if you are a WR your hands shouldn't go from 58 to 98 under any circumstances. What I would like to see are things like AWR or Route running increase drastically while ratings like Speed and catching increases only by 5-10 points max.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 05-14-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Road to Glory - A Walk-On Who Made the Team Wants You to Know What It Really Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Again you know this how? How do you know what kind of budget and resource (man hours) this mode takes up in dev?
Besides this year, the year they added Erin Andrews, and the first year, I dont think it really took any man hours up because it was barely touched. But I understand the point you are trying to make.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #19
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
WTF would I be talking about space on the disk? What does that have to do with anything?
You two are on completely different pages lol. I would prefer them to keep the mode, but I know what you mean. Seeing as they said the mode was pretty much a mode they just grabbed some people off of what they were doing towards the game just to program this mode (until this year), they could have let that person work on other parts of the game providing more manpower to them in other areas.

With them actually hiring a guy just to focus on this mode though, I'm excited to see where it will go. Even though it is a former Auburn Tiger in charge of it.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:47 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
WTF would I be talking about space on the disk? What does that have to do with anything?
I misunderstood you, but opening up space has a lot to do with the game if what EA says is true about them not having enough space to add a lot of are wishes.

― Plato
Old 05-14-2011, 08:49 PM   #21
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Loved the article. I love the RPG modes of these games. I'm looking forward to seeing the RPG aspects of RTG.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #22
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
The one thing I want to see in BAP modes is for those games to be geared more around careers and less around individual seasons. In most of the BAP modes I play players progress to quickly.

Another thing you shouldn't progress so much physically. You should already have most of the physical tools progress should be more mental then physical. For instance if you are a WR your hands shouldn't go from 58 to 98 under any circumstances. What I would like to see are things like AWR or Route running increase drastically while ratings like Speed and catching increases only by 5-10 points max.
This is my main problem with these modes. They trip over themselves allowing you to progress and get playing time. The whole thing just turns into players with jacked up attributes putting up ridiculous numbers.

The only issue with improving attributes like awareness or route running is that they're basically irrelevant when you're the one controlling the player.

Last edited by poopoop; 05-14-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #23
Pro

JoBo513's Arena

OVR: 9

Good article. I like the idea of bringing RPG elements into RTG. I haven't played RTG on this gen at all but I am looking forward to playing it this time around.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe

Another thing you shouldn't progress so much physically. You should already have most of the physical tools progress should be more mental then physical. For instance if you are a WR your hands shouldn't go from 58 to 98 under any circumstances. What I would like to see are things like AWR or Route running increase drastically while ratings like Speed and catching increases only by 5-10 points max.
I think it progresses quickly because they might feel mostly casual fans would play those modes. Most casual fans wouldnt want to start off as a 39 ovr player like in NBA 2k. I liked it because you didnt really get a comfortable playing style until mid season.
I agree you dont see a player go from 85 speed to 99. Non physical ratings like Carrying should see big improvement. THey should have realistic caps for positions. Like a elite Speed WR/DB/HB should start around 90.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »