Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Brand New Coach Cam Discussion

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Brand New Coach Cam Discussion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #33
Rookie

arobbi3's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Brand New Coach Cam Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsBoYee
To not make this an actual playable camera when we have been screaming for this for the past 5 years is simply a slap in the face? Not Playable???? Wake up!
I'm not sure how you expect the broadcast cam to be remotely playable... You won't be able to see all of your receivers, You won't be able to hit holes correctly while running the ball, and how exactly are you going to make field goals?

I HATE the broadcast cam style they put in RTG on field goals/punts. I don't know why anyone would want to play an entire game that way. The main camera used now has its faults, don't get me wrong, but I just don't understand the frustration for not being able to play with the broadcast cam angle.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:12 AM   #34
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

Oh wait. Didnt catch the nuance: this view is only available to you in Coach Mode. In other words: not a playable mode where you control the action.

Better than nothing, but would prefer full playability from BC cam.

Sounds like another feature being held back until next year.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:13 AM   #35
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by arobbi3
I'm not sure how you expect the broadcast cam to be remotely playable... You won't be able to see all of your receivers, You won't be able to hit holes correctly while running the ball, and how exactly are you going to make field goals?

I HATE the broadcast cam style they put in RTG on field goals/punts. I don't know why anyone would want to play an entire game that way. The main camera used now has its faults, don't get me wrong, but I just don't understand the frustration for not being able to play with the broadcast cam angle.
Yet its playable in Madden. While this may not be your preferred angle of play, why not give the users more options? The fact that after 5 or 6 years on current gen, there is only one playable camera angle, is a disgrace.

Hell, Joe Montana Football on the Sega Genesis, had multiple playable camera angles.

Last edited by Scrapps; 05-19-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 10:14 AM   #36
Pro

billysims's Arena

Quote:

For me, its playing it as if I were watching a TV broadcast. Simple.

Granted, it's not for everyone. There are alot of guys (those who post and I would imagine those who dont) who enjoy playing from that angle. To each his own.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #37
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OT: About the watching real games via those wire cams... Anyone remember like two or three years ago when ESPN showed a UNC vs Duke basketball game on ESPN and on ESPN2 they had like 9 different angles (exaggeration more like 5)? I'd be curious why they never did this for anything else, like a slow Saturday when The U isn't used for another game and do that?
Old 05-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #38
Rookie

arobbi3's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysims
For me, its playing it as if I were watching a TV broadcast. Simple.

Granted, it's not for everyone. There are alot of guys (those who post and I would imagine those who dont) who enjoy playing from that angle. To each his own.
I get having the option to play with BC. I hope they do implement it in the future for those who prefer it.I did sound kind of like a jerk, wasn't trying to be or flame.

And wow, I watched a video of someone playing with BC.. It would take me ages to get used to playing football sideways..
Old 05-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
I get having the option to play with BC. I hope they do implement it in the future for those who prefer it.I did sound kind of like a jerk, wasn't trying to be or flame.

And wow, I watched a video of someone playing with BC.. It would take me ages to get used to playing football sideways..
No it wouldn't. Chances are if you're a member of the OS NCAA community you're probably a die-hard NCAA gamer and have years of experience playing the game. Took me no time to learn. You'd be kicking tail in no time
Old 05-19-2011, 11:14 AM   #40
Pro

billysims's Arena

Quote:

No worries, bro. Didnt take it that way. We're all game fans @ the end of the day!

You might be surprised if you tried it. All I know is that when they had multiple angles available, that was my favorite to play from.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »