Home

Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager)

Casey Mosier of LeagueManager has posted some impressions of Madden NFL 12 from his time at EA Tiburon.

Quote:
"During my week in Orlando visiting EA Tiburon studio, I, along with other members of the Madden community, had the opportunity to get extensive play time on Madden NFL 12. At the end of the week, we each tallied up around 30 hours of play time amongst the different modes and features, Derek and I focused on game play improvements as well as offline "Franchise" mode. Now that Josh Looman has released the offline franchise improvements, I would like to take a little closer look at some of the new gameplay improvements as well as the offline franchise additions. In the following few passages I will go into further detail on the upgrades that have put Madden NFL 12 at the top of my list for "must have, day 1 purchases" for 2011."
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager)

Good read. He says he cut his final roster down to 55, I thought it was confirmed that the roster limit would stick at 53 like real life. I know it's always been 55 player roster on Madden but I don't see why they wouldn't cut it to 53 this year.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeahawkNMD
Good read. He says he cut his final roster down to 55, I thought it was confirmed that the roster limit would stick at 53 like real life. I know it's always been 55 player roster on Madden but I don't see why they wouldn't cut it to 53 this year.
Yeah, that makes no sense at all. We should have 53 man rosters, 45 active game-day rosters, and for goodness sakes please don't include any position requirements ! If I want to have 53 kickers on the roster, I should be able to do it.

Also, didn't they set the limit to 55 to make up for the fact that injury reserve didn't free up a roster spot ?
Old 05-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
The most talked about feature amongst the Madden NFL 12 community has been the elimination of suction blocking and tackling. Gone are the days where your Linebacker shoots through the line of scrimmage with a clear path at the running back only to slide sideways into an Offensive Lineman who is out of position to initiate the block. In Madden NFL 12, if this same scenario presents itself, your HB will find himself on the ground seeing birdies. However, since suction has been removed across the board, no longer can a defender just run up to you with a poor angle and make the easy tackle.
Music to my ears....this (imo) is going to make the 34 so much fun this year, Harrison coming around the end should be a thing of beauty
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 05-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Good Look Steve O!

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 06:24 PM   #6
Rookie

if theres a training camp IRL this year, will the undrafted rookie FAs in Madden be real guys or just generated rookies?
Old 05-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #7
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17

Now we can finally have longsnappers..
Old 05-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #8
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

I have a question maybe somebody can answer for me. In the preseason, when teams cut players, will they just appear in Free Agency at the start of the season or completely disappear? If they just go to Free Agency, can't the team just cut the low potential busts and sign the players they cut?

Also, I think the fact that the LeagueManager guys were invited, bodes well for an upgrade being made to online franchise for Madden 12.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »