Home

First NHL 12 Screenshot Revealed, What Differences Do You See?

This is a discussion on First NHL 12 Screenshot Revealed, What Differences Do You See? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: First NHL 12 Screenshot Revealed, What Differences Do You See?

Goalie brutality? Hopefully it doesn't go overboard?

Also, presentation better have had a huge overhaul and such.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:07 PM   #18
Pro

kennytomson's Arena

OVR: 10
PLEASE add a broadcast camera.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #19
EA Game Changer

LuGer33's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Fleury is just getting absolutely RULED in that picture. I think it's hilarious yet frightening what could happen with this during games. As someone who plays goalie a lot, it's exciting either way. I hope I can beat the push players in the back etc. in a context-sensitive sort of way or something.

I also wonder what happens since so many people love cross-crease passes and jamming the crease. It really could add a whole new element to the game the way so many people skate so hard at the net.
This is my think as well. My only concern is that the goalie physics won't be initiated unless you actually try to hit them - the same way the real time physics for checking in NHL 11 didn't initiate unless you landed a hit. If you have to "hit" the goalie for the collision to begin, it won't change gameplay around the net as much as we'd like.

I'm hopeful though, and even if that turns out to be the case, it will still alter gameplay - just to a lesser extent. The developers said at last year's community day they had some goalie collision in place but couldn't get it right in time for NHL 11, so they held off a year and I'm not surprised we're looking at it for NHL 12. I'm confident they'll do it right.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #20
Pro

porky14's Arena

OVR: 6

Just another gimmick, to buy the product
Old 05-19-2011, 06:35 PM   #21
Rookie

PhillsPhan26's Arena

OVR: 19
I am sop thrilled for the Winter Classic only news I need now is Goalie helmet customization, EA gameface and real coaches.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 06:37 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuGer33
This is my think as well. My only concern is that the goalie physics won't be initiated unless you actually try to hit them - the same way the real time physics for checking in NHL 11 didn't initiate unless you landed a hit. If you have to "hit" the goalie for the collision to begin, it won't change gameplay around the net as much as we'd like.

I'm hopeful though, and even if that turns out to be the case, it will still alter gameplay - just to a lesser extent. The developers said at last year's community day they had some goalie collision in place but couldn't get it right in time for NHL 11, so they held off a year and I'm not surprised we're looking at it for NHL 12. I'm confident they'll do it right.
Luger, that is a great concern/question to tell EA at the Community Day Event!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #23
Rookie

HawkeyMediaPlus's Arena

OVR: 17

So will the Winter classic be added or is this just a rendered photo like beardgate?
Old 05-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #24
Relentless

Weapon X's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
... but how can you implement Winter Classic into BAGM mode? You really can't.
Yes you can. Generic outdoor stadium, generic winter classic logo for years beyond the initial, a select pool of teams from northern areas that would likely compete in a WC thrown into a randomizer for the matchup. Done.

Anyway, the goalie contact makes me a little uneasy as someone who plays BAP as a goalie; mainly the question of "do I really trust the AI ref to make the correct call when I get knocked on my *** as a shot's going to the net?" As long as the interference rulings are as sensitive as they are in real life, I think it'll be fine though.

WX

Last edited by Weapon X; 05-19-2011 at 06:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »