Home

First NHL 12 Screenshot Revealed, What Differences Do You See?

This is a discussion on First NHL 12 Screenshot Revealed, What Differences Do You See? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: First NHL 12 Screenshot Revealed, What Differences Do You See?

Quote:
Originally Posted by porky14
Just another gimmick, to buy the product
Gimmick or not, people have been asking for it. At least EA Sports is listening to the fans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #26
Rookie

meep316's Arena

OVR: 5

Of course they wait until ****tsburgh and the Crapitals are in the Winter Classic to put the stadium and WC jerseys in the game. **** that, unless Fenway's in and the B's, and Red Wings Winter Classics (should've been in the last couple of years). Then it's stupendous. I'm not holding my breath, though.

The goaltending interference should add an interesting wrench into games, though. Hopefully goalies will be able to push back on players, for all the human goalies that play.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 9

It looks like we might get authentic arenas this year. Many in the game now are very generic besides the ice, scoreboard and seat color.

The lighting certainly looks great and will enhance the already solid graphics.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #28
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuGer33
This is my think as well. My only concern is that the goalie physics won't be initiated unless you actually try to hit them - the same way the real time physics for checking in NHL 11 didn't initiate unless you landed a hit. If you have to "hit" the goalie for the collision to begin, it won't change gameplay around the net as much as we'd like.

I'm hopeful though, and even if that turns out to be the case, it will still alter gameplay - just to a lesser extent. The developers said at last year's community day they had some goalie collision in place but couldn't get it right in time for NHL 11, so they held off a year and I'm not surprised we're looking at it for NHL 12. I'm confident they'll do it right.
A few good points raised by Luger here. I mentioned in another thread that Rammer said they didn't want to do goalie collisions until they felt it was balanced. They are sensitive to the concerns of the community regarding game balance, particularly when it comes to online play. They know what people will do/try, so I think we can all be confident goalies will not be fair game. If I had to guess, I can see more people chirping that the goalie interference calls are too strict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1842msu1977
Gimmick or not, people have been asking for it. At least EA Sports is listening to the fans.
Many people would be surprised at how much they listen. At times last year at the community event I felt like the devs could read my mind. That being said, there are areas in need of attention and at some point "being aware" must translate into tangible improvement.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:53 PM   #29
EA Game Changer

LuGer33's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
That being said, there are areas in need of attention and at some point "being aware" must translate into tangible improvement.
Very true.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:03 PM   #30
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuGer33
Very true.
Make it happen, game changer!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I hope goalies will be able to fight back Hextall-style.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyMediaPlus
So will the Winter classic be added or is this just a rendered photo like beardgate?
Yes, for EA to show the goalie and having the picture show an outside arena, why would they tease us like that and say "Oh yea about that picture, there is no winter classic, we just wanted to make you believe it was in". I don't think they would and it is in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »