Home

FIFA 12 Video, Screens and Cover Athlete [UPDATE: Video Re-Added, Details Uncovered]

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Video, Screens and Cover Athlete [UPDATE: Video Re-Added, Details Uncovered] within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 12 Video, Screens and Cover Athlete [UPDATE: Video Re-Added, Details Uncovered]

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

UPDATE: Sorry, looks like the video was removed, here is what I saw.

UPDATE: Video re-added.

Wow, the video is pretty damn amazing. Here are some highlights.
  • Tactical Defending - Contain
  • Tactical Defending - New Opportunities
  • Dribbling - Jog Speed Turn Radius
  • Precision Dribbling - Precision Turn Radius
  • Precision Dribbling - Dribble While Shielding
  • Compares FIFA 11 Tackling Physics with the New Impact Engine Tackling (WOW! What a difference! I mean, WOW!)
  • Impact Engine - Shielding
  • Impact Engine - Unexpected Behaviors (Shows an AWESOME animation of a defender coming in, offensive player makes a move and does a flip)
  • Impact Engine - Variety (Shows a defender taking out a player that is going after the ball)
  • Impact Engine - Contextual Dribble Turns (Shows a player tapping the ball ahead, just a bit, then jumping to avoid a sliding tackle)
  • Impact Engine - Difficult Situations (Shows a player trying to kick the ball, but hits the other players foot instead and falls over)
  • Impact Engine - Shared Collisions (Shows 2 players going after the ball, each player had his own animation, depending on situation. In this particular one, it showed a player reaching out to kick a ball and the defender trying the same, after the ball is touched, the players lose balance and just looks very real)
  • Impact Engine - True Injuries (Woah... Shows a player getting roughed up, trying to advance the ball, he lands awkwardly on his right knee, after a little act job, he grabs his knee and gets up, gingerly)
  • True Injuries - Self Injuries (Damn, this is a great video. Anyways, this shows a player getting injured with nobody around him, looked like a strained groin and the defender takes the ball away)
  • True Injuries - Re-Injury (Shows a player getting tripped up and waving to the sidelines for someone to get him or sub in for him)
  • Impact Engine - Pushing and Pulling - Shows players pushing and pulling for position
According to the German website videogameszone, Mats Hummels will be the FIFA 12 cover athlete. Official news will arrive tomorrow.

Check out some of the new FIFA 12 screenshots, right here.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Re: FIFA 12 Video, Screenshots and Mats Hummels Cover Athlete

Oh bummer, looks like the video is now private. I watched it and have it cached, if anyone wants to know any details.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-19-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

That is a bummer... what kind of details can you offer? And I would wager that Hummels is only a regional cover athlete.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4
Steve_OS take a video of the video and post it for us! Haha
Old 05-19-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Wow, the video is pretty damn amazing. Here are some highlights.
  • Tactical Defending - Contain
  • Tactical Defending - New Opportunities
  • Dribbling - Jog Speed Turn Radius
  • Precision Dribbling - Precision Turn Radius
  • Precision Dribbling - Dribble While Shielding
  • Compares FIFA 11 Tackling Physics with the New Impact Engine Tackling (WOW! What a difference! I mean, WOW!)
  • Impact Engine - Shielding
  • Impact Engine - Unexpected Behaviors (Shows an AWESOME animation of a defender coming in, offensive player makes a move and does a flip)
  • Impact Engine - Variety (Shows a defender taking out a player that is going after the ball)
  • Impact Engine - Contextual Dribble Turns (Shows a player tapping the ball ahead, just a bit, then jumping to avoid a sliding tackle)
  • Impact Engine - Difficult Situations (Shows a player trying to kick the ball, but hits the other players foot instead and falls over)
  • Impact Engine - Shared Collisions (Shows 2 players going after the ball, each player had his own animation, depending on situation. In this particular one, it showed a player reaching out to kick a ball and the defender trying the same, after the ball is touched, the players lose balance and just looks very real)
  • Impact Engine - True Injuries (Woah... Shows a player getting roughed up, trying to advance the ball, he lands awkwardly on his right knee, after a little act job, he grabs his knee and gets up, gingerly)
  • True Injuries - Self Injuries (Damn, this is a great video. Anyways, this shows a player getting injured with nobody around him, looked like a strained groin and the defender takes the ball away)
  • True Injuries - Re-Injury (Shows a player getting tripped up and waving to the sidelines for someone to get him or sub in for him)
  • Impact Engine - Pushing and Pulling - Shows players pushing and pulling for position
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: FIFA 12 Video, Screens and Cover Athlete [UPDATE: Video Removed, Details Uncovere

Darn it Steve, now I need to see this video after those details!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
Did anyone else just see the Dynasty trailer? for NCAA 12?
Old 05-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfalla
Did anyone else just see the Dynasty trailer? for NCAA 12?
My mistake. My computer screen messed up and replaced this vid with the Dynasty one below...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »