Home

Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 07:40 PM   #9
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager)

In the 75 man roster early on in franchise, I'm wondering if we get to actually go out and invite these guys, or if they'll just magically appear on our rosters?
Old 05-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #10
TLF
Rookie

TLF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
In the 75 man roster early on in franchise, I'm wondering if we get to actually go out and invite these guys, or if they'll just magically appear on our rosters?
this is what im Questioning ,because they said you get 75 spots for players

but what if after season 1 your at 55 how do you get the extra 20 or so , and they said you DONT get to see their overall's until after or during games of Pre-Season

so how are we gonna sign guys if we dont know how good they are .... does the CPU assist us with the extra 20 or do we get to hand select or set a slider to what kind of guys we want to get like

WR:Speed
QB:Balanced
RB:Power
FS:Coverage
CB:Tackler
DE:Run Stop
DT:Pass Rush etc. like on the NCAA Scouting system

would Love to know
Old 05-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #11
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

Yeah, it's an interesting question. Because on one hand, while I love this new addition, I think it might feel cheap to find a diamond in the rough running back who, after five seasons, turns out to be an all pro, and the only reason that happened was because the game magically placed him on your 75 man roster at the start of the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #12
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

If it's anything like Head Coach you have a period after the draft where you sign UDFAs to put on your roster. I assume it will be just like the FA bidding process described in one of the previews on OS where you are allotted a time frame to make bids.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:53 PM   #13
TLF
Rookie

TLF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
If it's anything like Head Coach you have a period after the draft where you sign UDFAs to put on your roster. I assume it will be just like the FA bidding process described in one of the previews on OS where you are allotted a time frame to make bids.
we all know that already..... what we need to KNOW is if we get to sign them or the CPU does based on what we Need or ask for , because they said the NEWER guys on your team have No Ratings so how are we gonna bid on someone if we dont know if they are even worth it????

do we get a sheet of their measurables at least?
like 40 time , etc.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #14
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17

In HC09 it was done using the same scouting information for the UFAs as the Draft using a bidding system of just the Undrafted Rookies. After that, it would sign random rookies and veterans to a minimum deal based off your GM's skill level to fill the rest of the 75 roster spots. Higher skill level = better chance of one being a future star. I'll assume it'll be similar to that.

Last edited by Kahuma; 05-19-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:28 PM   #15
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10

i bet we will get stuff we get in the draft. Combine stats? i hope the computer doesnt randomly sign them for you. i have faith in the devs.

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #16
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17

In HC09 you got to sign 5 of the undrafted rookies, each team got 5 so thats 160 undrafted rookies. All up in the bidding process, then out of the remaining ones + veterans that don't have a home your GM would invite them to training camp based on team needs, GM skill.

I like the randomness better so people aren't going to be signing that same training camp invites because they know they are the best.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »